Part 20

Red.

That was all he saw from the moment he left the car and began ripping his way through the building. He was vaguely aware of the minions that threw themselves at him, but it wasn't enough to stop him. He knew some of these fuckers nicked him, touched him, but he didn't care.

He'd shot one in the face, he'd stabbed one in the back; he was making his way through and he didn't give a shit about how he had to do it. He knew that fucking Devil was lurking nearby. He had a feeling that finding Gabriella would lead him to find the Devil as well. He wanted to lay his eyes on the fucker. He wanted to put a real face to the myth.

That was the thought that kept him going as warm blood spattered across his face, spilling into his mouth: he was here for revenge. None of these fools were strong enough to stand a chance against him.

The tattoos on his arms were partially covered in the blood of his enemies by the time he reached the doors. He would not wait for anyone to open them for him. Instead, he gripped at the edges, pulling them apart manually, peaking into the next room.

He heard Leo yelling at him in the background but he ignored his screams. As he stepped inside, he was not surprised to find that there were more of them waiting. He couldn't spot Gabriella, which meant he couldn't confirm that she was here.

That fucking bastard was going to pay big time for touching her and hurting her.

He could feel the itch in his fists, the blood pumping through his veins while his rage grew with each passing breath. He was going to torture him, drag on his death and make certain it would be as painful as possible. By now, they knew he was there, there was no doubt about it.

He would have to act quickly and swiftly if he wanted to keep the upper hand. After all, their numbers were much smaller than those of the Devil. How had he assembled such an army of scums? He knew people were corrupted, but the Devil rarely gave anything for free. He always took more than he gave.

Didn't matter. They sided with the Devil and he would show no mercy or pity. He cracked his knuckles, exhaling loudly from his nose before he yanked the door open. As expected, a large group was waiting for him. And they looked in a slightly better shape than he did but it didn't matter.

He was going to kill them all one by one.

The next moments came like a blur. He felt the pressure of their bodies as he dove into the group - which had been expecting him - and he wasted no time; he was slashing through the skin with a knife like it was silk. Blood was splattering, landing still warm on his face, as all he saw was the color of his rage.

He couldn't spot the Devil but he didn't give a shit. He would slice them all dead until he got to his goal; getting Gabriella back and killing the Devil. He didn't care if he had to shred them all to pieces. He'd cut off arms, he would rip out jaws... none of this matter.

They would regret the moment they put their hands on something of his.

Niccolo was faintly aware of his men joining him, starting their own battles, as his eyes scanned the room for Gabriella. He could not get a visual of her. As he tried to see through the sea of fuckers, a face got a little too close to his.

He didn't even look as he grabbed the man's jaw between his fingers, applying pressure until he heard the bone crack. And even then; it wasn't enough. He kept squeezing until he heard a heart-wrenching sound. But it wasn't doing anything to him. He let it slide off.

Only then did he allow him to escape, dropping him on the ground like a discarded carcass. Filth, the whole lot of them. The was no pride in working for that fucking Devil. He'd have more respect for a rival gang than he did for them. They cheated, they didn't play by the rules; they had no honor.