chapter 2

"Alexis!" I hear my dad yell from the other room. I take a deep breath and walk out of my room. Slowly, I walk into the living room.

"Yes?" I ask.

"How are you doing?" He asks.

"Good, why do you ask?" I say politely.

"I was just wondering because you haven't seen your therapist in a few weeks"

"Im actually doing a lot better than I have been" I smile.

"Thats good to hear" he smiles. "Now, why don't you tell me the truth?" My heart starts to beat faster.

"W-what do you mean?" I stutter.

"I was talking to Brittany the other day and she said that you haven't made much improvement since you came in a few months ago. And then you stop going. But you just said that you're doing a lot better, right?" I give a little nod. "I'm not sure if its you not opening up to her, or if shes just a bad therapist"

"Every therapist you send me to isn't going to help" I say. "I'm just too broken" I whisper.

"But maybe if we send you to the right one, they might be able to help you in some way"

"No. No. No. Nothing is going to help." I try to get it through his thick head.

"If you would want to get better, then you would try to get help" he puts his head in his hands.

"You think I want to be this way?" I feel like I could cry, but I hold the tears back. "You think I want to feel like I'm not woth it? You think I want to feel like I'm nothing...?" I feel a single tear slide down my cheek.

"Nothing? Not worth it? Where are these things even coming from Alexis?" He stands up. I shake my head. "Why won't you talk to me?" I don't even try to answer, because I don't trust my voice. If I try to answer I'll break down. "I remember how you would tell your mom every thing, but when she left you wouldn't talk to me or tell me anything. And when you did, it made no sense" I run to my room and roll into a ball under my blankets.