Chapter Seven

Ok,, I know I said that I'll upload multiple as a sorry for not uploading for a long time. But since that will prolly take me longer before i could even upload, here's a chapter heh..
~~~

Sounds of metal crashing together filled the surrounding. It was yet another day of training for Toby. It was (Y/n) whose training him today. Technoblade had some errands that he needs to run so (Y/n) filled in his absence.

Thud.

Toby fell down as (Y/n) stood in front of him. "Not gonna lie, you were better than last time I sparred with you." She said as she helped Toby get up from the ground. "Really now? Makes me feel accomplished," He smiled and bounced a bit. "You still have a lot to learn, but you are learning day by day so this might be a breeze." (Y/n) smiled and stood in position, waiting for Toby to do the same so they can continue training.

After hours of training, both of them plopped to the ground, exhausted."I need to improve my stamina," Toby said, panting. "So do I." (Y/n) closed her eyes while breathing heavily.

"What are you two doing on the ground?"

"Oh Mr. Blade, you're finally back," (Y/n) exclaimed, standing up and weakly punching Technoblade's stomach. "Was that suppose to hurt?" He teased. The girl just glared at him and turned around, hitting him harshly with her wings, a few feathers flying around after the action.

"Pfft, was that really necessary?" He questioned, spitting out a feather that got in his mouth. "Yes it was. I'm going to cook lunch now." (Y/n) waltzed away with Toby following her behind, snickering.

Technoblade chuckled while shaking his head. He looks up the clear sky and said, "How long? How long do I have to keep doing this..?" He looks down and started walking towards their house.

"Ah!"

He heard a scream which startled him. Having no good experiences with screams, he immediately rushed to the cottage. "What happened?" He frantically looked around. He walked to the kitchen and saw (Y/n)'s back turned to him. Slowly, she turned around and with bloody hands, she looked at Technoblade with tears in her eyes.

"Techno..." She managed to say, despite her sobs wanting to rush out her mouth. Technoblade deadpanned. "You're... Crying over a.. Cut?" (Y/n) sniffled and just looked at Technoblade in the eyes.

. . .

"*sigh* c'mere." Technoblade gestured the girl over whilst he went and got something to help with the cut. (Y/n) sat at the chair while Toby continued cutting the ingredients, not forgetting to wash the few drops of blood that got to the vegetables.

Technoblade got back with a bandage and some ointment that (y/n) made. "You're crying over a cut as if you're gonna die." He shook his head while applying the ointment. "And you're an immortal.." (Y/n) just sniffled and stayed quiet.

When Technoblade was finished tending (Y/n)'s wounds, he got up with a small grunt for squatting down for a little longer than wanted. "You sure overreact a lot. Now go help with the cooking, stay away from the knife, I guess.," Technoblade walked away to put the kit away. As if nothing happened, (Y/n) just walked back to the kitchen and cooked the food that Toby have finished cutting. "Thank you, Toby." (Y/n) smiled and started heating up the pan.

Technoblade came back to the kitchen to be greeted with a sizzle from the food (Y/n) was cooking. "Smells nice," He said with a monotonous voice. If it was any normal person, they would have mistaken his tone to be sarcastic, but it isn't just a normal person. We're talking about (Y/n) here, she's used to his monotonous tone that she can practically tell if he was sarcastic or genuine. Perks of spending too much time with him, I guess.

"Thanks. It's nearly cooked so you and Toby can set the table," (Y/n) said, hissing when some oil splashed on her skin. 'I swear to the Gods, I can't understand her sometimes.' Technoblade thought. He shrugged it off and got three plates out while Toby got silverwares. After around 15 minutes, (Y/n) served the food she had been cooking. "Dig in." She smiled and sat down. They all ate in the silence. It wasn't awkward or anything. Rather, it was pretty comforting. Like it was just a normal day, in their normal life. Oh how they wish that was the case.. Unfortunately, they aren't normal people, well, Toby is but being surrounded by a God and a Winged lady, he can't just be considered normal.

"You've always been an amazing cook, huh?" Toby asked after swallowing a big mouthful. "Oh come on. It's just a stir-fried vegetable, not that difficult.." (Y/n) blushed a bit at the compliment. "Yeah, I'll probably burn the house down if I try cooking this," He joked, nudging (Y/n) with his elbow. "Thank you,Toby." The girl just smiled. Toby reminded her a lot of a certain blondy and it made her heart ache.

After the meal, Toby volunteered to wash the dishes. "You have something on your mind. I could feel the gloominess radiating from you," Technoblade whispered when Toby was out of sight. "I don't know what you're talking about-" "You think I didn't notice? Toby might not but I definitely did. The way you're eyes looked earlier, something is definitely bothering you." Technoblade just stared at her, waiting for her to spill it. "It's nothing." (Y/n) went and walk away.

"He reminded you of him."

"What are you saying?"

"Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me that's not what's occupying your mind right now. Go on, lie to me.." Technoblade dug holes on (Y/n)'s back with his gaze. "I've known you long enough to say so. He reminded you of Tommy. (Y/n) why do you always have to hide it? No one's stopping you from missing your brothers."

"Because I'm trying to forget it, ok? I wanna forget them for just a moment. It's difficult laying in bed at night with nothing but the faces of those you love occupying your mind. And it hurts more to know that I will never get a chance to hold them in my arms again. Techno all I'm holding on right now is that string of hope that the Green God is giving me.." (Y/n)'s back was still facing Technoblade, she couldn't turn around and look at Technoblade. If she did, the few tears streaming down her face would multiply, and she wasn't in the mood to breakdown in front of him. Without another word, she walked away.

~~Toby PoV(yes we shall change it a bit)
"He reminded you of him." I heard Mr. Blade talk after I dried my hand. What is happening?

"What are you saying?"

"Tell me I'm wrong. Tell me that's not what's occupying your mind right now. Go on, lie to me.." Mr.Blade just stared at (Y/n)'s back, practically digging holes on it. And who's the person they're talking about anyway? "I've known you long enough to say so. He reminded you of Tommy. (Y/n) why do you always have to hide it? No one's stopping you from missing your brothers." Tommy? Wasn't that the brother (Y/n) talked about? What is going on?

"Because I'm trying to forget it, ok? I wanna forget them for just a moment. It's difficult laying in bed at night with nothing but the faces of those you love occupying your mind. And it hurts more to know that I will never get a chance to hold them in my arms again. Techno all I'm holding on right now is that string of hope that the Green God is giving me.." I glanced at (Y/n), from my position, I can kinda see her face, and it was covered with dried tears, a few fresh ones. "(Y/n).." I mumbled.. She then walked away.

Mr. Blade just ran his hand through his hair but didn't went after (Y/n). He turned slightly and saw me. "How long have you been there?"

"Long enough?"

Sorry for any mistakes my loves. Hope you enjoyed ^^ til next chapter

—W.