Excluding is Unacceptable

"Girls. Can I talk to you for a moment?" Ms. Conner said, beckoning to Abony and Fern.

The two cousins walked towards the teacher wondering why their teacher wanted to speak with them.

"Sit here, girls." Ms. Conner said calmly, but there was a small edge on her voice.

Both girls sat down, looking curiously at Ms. Conner.

"Natalia told me what happened today. She said that you guys weren't being very nice to her. And that you were not including her. Is this true?"

Both girls admitted, guiltily, "Yes, Ms. Conner.

Ms. Conner sighed and wrote something on a sticky note. She put down her pen and looked back up at the girls. Smiling, she said confidently, "Thank you for telling the truth, girls. Next time, I'm sure you'll make a better choice. After all, we don't want kids to be excluded in Kooker."

Fern twirled her hair and looked innocently up and her teacher, "Of course. We were just grumpy. It was Monday morning"

Ms. Conner nodded, wavy black hair bouncing around her. Her head turned to Abony and looked at her acceptably.

Abony sweated, faking a smiled, "Next time I'll make a better choice. Next time, next time, next time."

"Good." Ms. Conner said. She stood up and looked at them. "You guardian must be waiting. Well, see you tomorrow Abony and Fern.

The cousins nodded, waving.

Just as they were leaving, Ms. Conner reminded them, "Every day is a new day, a new start. Reme-"

But before she could finish, both girls were gone. And they hardly even listened to a thing she said. After all, one of them was a villain, and the other was a henchman.