One Mistake

Another date night with your boyfriend, Thomas. Nights like this always make you happy, despite all the stress throughout the week. But this isn't like any other ordinary date night. You are more conscious of your looks, minute by minute you keep on checking yourself in the mirror, looking for the slightest imperfections. You're even nervous. A car honks outside your apartment. Okay, Thomas is here. 

He greeted you with a tight embrace and a kiss. 

"You ready, love?"

"Yeah," you replied. 

"Alright. C'mon, let's go."

When you got to your destination, Thomas opened the door for you in a very polite way. Formality, of course. He is a fan of that. He led you to a very modernly-decorated table with all the candles and night ambiance. Everything looked really romantic.

As you were eating your dinner and talking and laughing, a girl walked up to greet Thomas. You didn't really care since she looked like a friend (a slutty one, to be honest) and you're not the jealous type.

"Hey, uhm, what's your name again? Thomas, yes, Thomas. Right," she greeted with such enthusiasm.

Thomas seemed to be pacing uneasily. Weird.

"Hi," said Thomas in a flat tone.

"So is this your girlfriend?" She looked at you. You weren't quite sure how to draw her. Was she too friendly or plain mean?

"Yeah." You don't want to state the obvious but he looked really nervous and uncomfortable. He can't be hiding something, can he?

"Hi, I'm Raven. You?" She said with one hand outstretched.

As you reached out and shook it, you said, "Y/N."

"Oh, yeah, I remember. So Thomas, she's the girl. She was the reason why you came knocking at my door to have a drink. Nice to meet you, sweetie."

I looked at Thomas dead in the eyes. I knew where this was going. Albeit the fact that I was an inch close to crying, I did my best to hide it. Damn, I was so mad. And hurt.

Raven continued talking. She even sat down with at her own comfort.

"Y/N, didn't you know that your boyfriend here, is an old friend of mine. One night, he came knocking at my door, asking for a drink and kissed me. Hard. He kissed me hard."

"Stop it," you said. Because if she dared to continue further you were going to stab her right between her eyes.

"Oh, honey, you deserve the truth. We had a few bottles, yes. But you know that's not the only thing that happened, don't you?" The way she looked at you was not intense. It was more of a pitiful glare.

A tear dropped down your cheek.

"Yes, Y/N. Thomas and I had sex. A very glorious one if you ask me. But he was screaming your name. Your name, and not mine."

She lightly slammed the table with her balled fist. You stood up, not able to longer take it, and went outside.

Thomas was on your trail.

"Come close near me and I will kill you. Both of you."

"Baby, please."

"Baby? You had sex with a girl and you call me baby?! The whole time I thought you were being so truthful to our relationship." You were a mess. Broken, hurt and dying.

"We had a figh—."

"Yes, Thomas, yes we fucking did! But when couples fight, the other can't just have sex."

You continued, "I'm done, I am so done."

No. You weren't. You had no idea when you will ever be. The guy you loved so truly, cheated on you. When you gave your everything, you are rewarded with hurt and pain and loss.

You didn't say good bye, because it seemed like you never even had him.