I'll Never Do That To You

Cross-legged, you and Thomas sat on the rooftop of your apartment. You've been friends for quite a long time now and he's been making effort since who knows when. He once asked you to be his girlfriend. It was all too sudden that you wanted a little break and some time to think it over. Of course you love him, you really do, no doubt to that. But with your past experiences it's hard to put your trust on the hands of someone else once again. The last boyfriends you had were jerks and idiots and douchebags.

"Hey," Thomas nudged you with his elbow. You snapped back to reality, realising you'd spent a good amount of time mentally judging your exes with really, really awful words.

"Sorry. It's just that....there's something you have to know." It's finally time to break the ice. Maybe you'd confused him for the last couple of weeks with the space you'd been asking. He deserves to know the truth anyway.

"Okay, what is it? Tell me," he turned to face you, obviously putting all his attention to you. From the corner of your eyes, you could see his eagerness coming out.

"You know with this, um, how shall I put this? Uh, whole thing. The reason why I wasn't able to give you an answer right away is that I-," you shook your head, not wanting to continue. It just hurts to talk about it. "Had really, really terrible relationships."

"What about it?" He placed his hands over yours, squeezing it.

"I've been cheated and lied to. There was this guy who took a bet with his friends that if he could have sex with me they would finally allow him to be part of their little group," tears were making your eyes swell. You didn't look at Thomas, afraid of what his reaction might be. You didn't bawl, you just simply allowed those tears to break free from your sockets. You didn't even cringe.

"Stop it. Just. Stop," he placed his hands on your head and guided it towards his shoulder. He held you there, completely wrapped in his arms. He kissed your forehead and cupped your face.

"Look at me. Remember this. I can wait no matter how long. But I'll never, ever, do that to you. Ever. I love you and you know that."

He didn't let you respond, instead hi kissed you and hugged you tightly. You know you just have to trust him. He wasn't being insistent and he just likes to keep it slow, just like you do.