One Mistake #2 (Short)

Maybe one day you'll be okay. Maybe you'll stop crying and eventually be happy with your life. But that day is not today, and 'maybe' does not guarantee truth.

Thomas.

Thinking of him hurts you. After everything you have been through, it all comes to this. Just because of one stupid fight. What hurts the most is that the whole time you thought the both of you were happy, he was hiding something like it didn't matter. Like it was just one stupid mistake not worth remembering.

He's been texting you and calling you. Maybe he's still outside the doors, because you can hear him knock every so often.

"Y/N, please," he pleaded. For 4 days it was like this. You crying, not eating and letting your depression eat you.

One day.

Days passed. Weeks. There were no longer any constant knocks and blurted apologies. You stand up, for the first time in days you feel physical relief. Another hour and you would go crazy.

You opened your laptop to book you a ticket to LA, because you have to get away. You are going to be away, and who knows, maybe you will come back, maybe you won't. How long you can hold your strength, remains unanswered.

The following days that followed was still similar. Gloomy, sad, eery. When you packed your things, you were almost crying again. Because you see his clothes, hanging right next to yours. You are already too weak, so you stop before your emotions get a hold of you again.

You opened the door. Thomas was there, lying on the ground, asleep. You walk past him, but he notices you and immediately stood up.

"Y/N please, let's talk about this. Baby," said Thomas, crying. It was in that moment that your heart was telling you to fall in his arms and forgive him, because everybody deserves a second chance. But your heart has played enough tricks on you already. You are facing him with your mind this time.

"Don't touch me, Thomas. I am leaving and there is nothing you could do to stop me," you said through gritted teeth. "We are done and that's it. That's it."

"You have to hear me out. Believe me, there is an explanation in all this. It was never my intention to–."

"Thomas I am done believing you. You did something unforgivable and I am not forgiving you. That simple. Goodbye."

You turned your back, not waiting for his response. It wasn't so hard. Pretending to have a cold heart doesn't seem bad after all. But whether you're still pretending or not, you can't be so sure.

to be continued...