Chapter 17-The toxic teaching

Lunch ended,and Luke told me to head to my dormitory immediately,but I didn't know where that was,so I went to ask another girl in the cafeteria. I approached one with dirty double braided blonde hair,pale skin,and icy blue eyes. "HEY HUMAN" I shouted at her looking excited. If you're wondering why I yelled excitedly,it's because I was told from a very young age,that if you yell,and look extremely happy,you could catch anyone's attention. Although the girl looked frightened,she backed away from me as I stepped closer. "What do you want?" she asked me looking me up and down,"do you happen to know where the girls' dormitories are?" I asked politely. The girl looked over to the side,and stared at an iron door labeled,'GIRLS DORMS'. She motioned for me to follow her,and so I did. We lined up with a bunch of girls in a single field,and marched up to the dorms. At the dorms we all had our own vanities,and yes they were rustic,but at least we had them. Beside them were our dusty lumpy looking beds,which is where I assumed the humans slept. All the girls lined up at their vanities,and took a seat,then the doors opened,and out came 13 nuns for each of the 13 girls. Sister Helga was assigned with me,and she sat me down in the rickety chair. There was a silver hairbrush,a wooden comb,ribbons of every shade of black,gray,and white,and a big black bow! Sister Helga began to undo my braids,and brush them out. "Ugh your hair is a mess" she exclaimed. "Well weren't you the one who did it" I lipped,and then all the girls and nuns all turned their heads towards me. I was confused,what did I do?Why were they all looking at me like that? I turned around to meet eyes full of rage and anger. She held up her hand,and the other 12 girls urged back immediately in fear. Then she slapped me right across the face,leaving a red mark! I held the place where she had slapped me,and looked at her in utter disbelief,and shock! Then I turned back towards the mirror,still keeping my hand on my face,as she styled my hair into a new one,a ponytail held by a black ribbon.