CHAPTER THREE- EVERCLEAR

Walking into school the next day feels different. Again. 

The big, white, and blue-painted, windowed High school that I go to along with everyone else feels wrong. And it never feels like that. 

I hold my head up high and clench my backpack in my hands tighter as I walk past Jinx's fun-designed scribbled locker. She always had a talent for art, I know it. I hope she would pursue it someday. 

I snicker to myself. 

Probably with all her bomb weapon stuff. She couldn't even follow our school dress code. Uniforms. Instead, she wore fun fishnet stockings with pink and black patterned parts over them. And can't forget about all those belly button showing shirts she wore. 

 ''Hey! Lux!''

I turn to my right and stare at Ezreal, one of the school's coolest boys in the whole world, who leans against his locker and dashes a smile at me. 

I wave awkwardly. ''Hey, Ez.'' 

Ezreal looks around the school hallway and then me. ''Hey, Where's Jinx?'' 

Crap. 

I shrug. ''Uh, Probably just late, you know? Typical Jinx, Hehe, Right?'' 

Ezreal shrugs and walks over to me, opening up the classroom door. 

''I thought you said Star Guardians always stick together?'' 

I freeze. 

''I quit. (I quit, I quit, I quit.) Jinx! Wait! Please!''

''Uhhhh, Well, Sometimes, Uh, Uh, U-'' 

''It's all good, Lux. No need to worry. I'm sure she'll be here at the end of the day.''

Ezreal Laughs. 

Funny. I guess. 

I walk through the door, leading into my regular homeroom classroom, where Ahri's on her phone, Neeko's drawing something with Lulu's pens, Syndra is playing with a lighter while Soraka hides under her desk away from Syndra. Oh, And can't forget Sarah- Miss Fortune I mean, who's sitting on Ahri's next, blowing a pink bubble of bubble gum. 

I focus on the bubble she's blowing. It gets big, but not as big as Jinx used to blow her bubble gum. 

Pop. 

For a quick second, as Miss Fortune pops the bubble, a memory of Jinx doing the same thing enters the vision. 

I shake my head and run over to my desk, shared with Janna who's reading a, well a book. 

I wave to Lulu, Poppy, And Tristana who all sit together behind me, and then wave to Janna. 

Janna answers a quiet wave back and slides over two papers to me. 

She puts the book down and watches as I stare down at the papers. One is colored in all black, with splotches of red across it. The other paper is the Star Guardian Gemstones- Cracked. 

I furrow my eyebrows and look back at Janna. 

''Who made these?'' 

Janna bops her head towards Neeko and then points to Lulu. 

I turn around to look at Lulu, who is fighting over her lunch with Tristana and Poppy, but she stops when she realizes I'm looking at her. Lulu waves happily as Poppy bonks Tristana in the head and chugs down Lulu's lunch. 

Tristana laughs maniacally as she jumps on top of Poppy, accidentally kicking Lulu's chair all the way back in the action, which causes Poppy to drop Lulu's lunch, ''W- Whoa!'' and all three of them tumble down onto the floor. 

I turn back around to look at Janna. 

''I-'' 

''Lux. I don't want you to stress. These are just... drawings.'' 

Janna slides the papers out of sight to my eyes. 

I look at Neeko, Who's still drawing with Lulu's pens. Why would they make those?