CHAPTER FOUR- TIMES LIKE THESE

END OF THE SCHOOL DAY 

4:30 PM

''Hey! Hey, Neeko!'' 

I dash out of my final class's classroom and run up to Neeko. 

She freezes and turns to look at me, with wide eyes bouncing from the floor to me. 

''Is, Is, everything alright with you? You can talk to me, you know.'' 

Neeko shakes her head. 

''I'm fine! I'm fine! Totally fine.'' 

She looks at the Starfall event paper on top of my books. 

Oh no.

''Can I-?'' 

''Yeah, Go ahead.'' 

She snatches the Event paper off of my stack of books and stares at it for a second. 

''Lux.'' 

She raises up her head, and with a swift moment, rips apart the event paper and grips onto my shoulders. 

''Look at me. Whatever you do. Do not, Do not go to the Starfall event.'' 

Her hands are cold and trembling. Why is she like this?

I scoff. ''Neeko. I'm a Star Guardian! Starfall is literally the best event to ever happen this year-!'' 

''LISTEN TO ME!'' 

Neeko shakes my shoulders. 

''For the sake of your life, and your team's lives. Do not go. Please.'' 

There's a pinch of tears that crack through her voice, but her eyes are full of such seriousness I think anyone would listen. 

I look down and gently unattached her hands from my shoulders. 

''Neeko... I'm sorry, but I have to be there. Starfall is the best event in the stars! I really hope to see you there!'' 

Neeko steps back. 

''Have fun tomorrow night, Luxanne. Or don't.'' 

With those words, she runs off. Fast.

''Lux! Hi!'' 

Lulu runs up to me and looks at who's gently clenched in her hands. Her little pal, Pix. Who's been with her longer than I have. The whole team. 

''Awww, Hey Pix. Haven't seen you in a while.'' 

I scratch the top of Pix's head, earning a happily purr sound.  

Lulu kisses Pix on the head and puts Pix in her skirt pocket. ''Home?'' 

I grip onto Lulu's hand and smile. 

''Home.''