Chapter 11 (Part 1).

I watched as the fanatic heaved in and out, in front of me. She looked more than pretty even though I was not able to see her face. Her hair covered her face as she slept like a dead. My mind was telling me to go and have a sleep for myself too. But the heart somehow rejected the very idea. Even if I had not sleep for last 48 hours, something was keeping me up. Not something but someone. And believe it or not, to me, this whole staying awake just to see a girl sleeping and drooling over my pillow thing felt slightly uncanny. Aniruddha Jayakar, this girl is not healthy for you.

And still I replayed all the moments of last time!

**********************

"Lakhi, I know, you have just dropped me off like an hour ago. But can you pick me up please! I mean don't get me wrong but I am in hell. I can't call anyone else at this hour and even if you do not show up, I will be at the same place you dropped me. I am running away. Will tell you all the things later. Bye."

How would you feel after hearing such words, at 2.30 AM when you are finally heading home to take rest and someone just instructs you to fetch them without hearing your side?

I stared at the phone, cursing myself for picking it up at first place. This girl was ruining my life for good. She did not let me speak a single word, so that I could tell her that Lakhi forgot his phone in my car. And she had already told me that she would run from her house even if I did not show up. That girl was taking drugs secretly for sure. I dwelt for a minute whether to go to her or ignore the call and head straight home. But, it was 2.30 AM. Yes, this was Mumbai; still it was dangerous to roam around in the city alone like this. You can never take a chance. In addition, she was a girl, with no brain. She could totally get in trouble without realization. I turned my car around, thinking about her; from our first encounter to the latest.

Bulbul Patel was the one of the girls to whom I was not attracted at all and still thought a lot about her. She had met me only three times and usually tried to annoy me. My world and her world were different and still in those brief moments we shared, I wanted to know all about her world. I did not like her at all. She surprised me with her ease with everyone and ability to befriend a stranger. Granted she was an RJ, therefor she was expert with talking. But I had never seen a girl in my life to be that frank about her emotions to me. Girls usually never told me their real feeling just to win me over. This girl was different. And that girl was standing on a road, wearing a hoodie and Tom & Jerry pajamas. I stopped the car near her. I was damn sure that she would not even check if Lakhi was driving or not. She confirmed my belief by directly opening the car door and sitting without even looking. It took her seconds to realize that I was not Lakhi.

"What are you doing here?" She demanded.

"Same question."

"I asked first."

I sighed. How she could find so much energy to argue this much, was beyond my imagination.

"Lakhi forgot his phone in my car. It was me with whom you had one-sided talk."

"Why didn't you tell me back then?"

"Because Miss Bulbul, you didn't listen to me and cut the phone right away."

She stared for a moment.

"I was running out of time. I did what my instinct told me."

"And what exactly your instinct told you?" I raised a brow.

"First of all, can I ask you a question?" She looked at me expectantly.

"Yes?"

"Can I trust you?"