The Arrival

Hey guys. Just lettin you know, this chapter is made more for background then the actual story. I made this simply to let you in on a bit of Y/n's life and what he's going through, how they ended up in Egypt, personality of his brother, etc. Some of what happens in this chapter is relevant to the story, but not everything, so If your interested, go ahead and read it, but it won't be too hard to pick up the story from the next chapter. I say this not because this chapter isn't important, but because I don't want to bore you and turn you away thinking the first chapter represents the story.

I packed my bag, getting ready to go.

Me: "Hey Mom I'm ready to go!" I say, yelling down the stairs.

She comes to the bottom of the stairs.

Mom: "Good! Now you and your brother go ahead and get in the car. I'll be out in a minute."

Me: "Okay Mom."

I turned and went to my younger brother's room.

Me: "Yo dude we gotta go."

He put a hand up acknowledging what I said.

B/n: "I can hear too you know. I ain't deaf."

I smiled. 

Me: "Yeah, but sometimes you act like it."

He looked at me with a sly grin.

B/n: "Hey I can 'not hear' you guys whenever the hell I want."

Me: "Not if your actually just ignoring us simply to be a turd."

He paused.

B/n: "I'm sorry what was that? I didn't hear you."

I gave him a pffft and shook my head.

B/n: "Nah though really, all seriousness, I'll be out in a sec."

Me: "Okay good."

Turning around and heading to my own room once again, I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs and out the front door. Now, if you haven't already guessed, I was headed on a vacation. To where you ask?

Mom: "Make sure you bring sunscreen! Needless to say that it gets hot in Egypt!" She called from inside, thinking I was still in the house.

 I heard my brother call back out to her.

B/n: "Really? No way! You see, I was going to bring a jacket and snow pants"

He was obviously being sarcastic. I ran over to the car and lifted the trunk. 

I threw my stuff in the back, then, not knowing what else to do, I sat down on the edge of the trunk to admire the weather

I threw my stuff in the back, then, not knowing what else to do, I sat down on the edge of the trunk to admire the weather. It was a beautiful sunny day, round 70 degrees, and there was life in the air, from the birds in the trees to the ants on the sidewalk. I sat there waiting for my family.