The Journey

Anubis Pov

I stared off into the distance, leering at the horizon. Her sun was just about to rise and begin a new day. I heard shivering from y/n and made a glance to him. Watching him as the cold of the night drew to an end. I couldn't help but smile.

Anubis: Human weakness is so adorable...

After a few minutes, the sun rose into view, letting it's rays fly. Hitting Y/n's face, he woke.

Y/n Pov

I felt the sun attacking my face and squinted. I rolled over and made an attempt to put a pillow over my head, only to realize my situation.

Me: "...ugh..."

I peeped upward to see Anubis standing over me, observing my early morning state.

Anubis: "High there." She said in a bright, almost motherly way.

Anubis: "Did you rest well?"

I sat up, holding my chest. The wound was in a more stable position then it was before, but it still hurt plenty.

Me: "Not the best."

She bent down to one knee to help me up.

Me: "Thanks."

Anubis: "Of course."

I looked to the sands.

Me: "What now..."

Anubis: "Well, with your condition, not much. You must seek proper care from your people."

Me: "My...my people?"

My family. Where were they? What had happened to them? My head ached, trying to remember what happened the night before...     ...before I woke up in the sand. I tried and I tried, but I the more I wanted to remember, the more my head ached in pain. Something was stopping me.

Me: "What happened..."

Anubis was confused.

Anubis: "Pardon?"

Me: "What happened...    ...to me...   ...to my family...    ...what happened..."

Anubis: "Are you asking me?"

Me: "Do you know?"

Anubis: "I know a lot of things, but not this."

Me: "Damn..."

She tilted her head.

Anubis: "I'm sure you will remember in time. Your still suffering the effects of the test."

Me: "Test? What test?"

Anubis: "Ah yes. I suppose I failed to mention the amulet's test."

Me: "Well then tell me. What test?"

Anubis paused, finding the words to explain.

Anubis: "As I said last night, the amulet chose you. That means you passed the first test."

Me: "Okay good to know, but no seriously, what test???"

Anubis: "In order to find a vector, the amulet preforms two tests. One on the soul, and one on the being."

I gave her a confused look. She rolled her eyes.

Anubis: "Your physical form and attributes. A strength test of sorts."

Me: "Ohhh..."

Anubis: "Yes."

Me: "Well, what exactly was the first test?"