𝟘𝟛

Lily woke up that morning feeling physically nauseous and she knew that it would be a struggle to be a functioning human today. Although, the truth behind this sudden sickness had nothing to do with being hungover, it was her continuous talking to Tyler last night. She didn't end up going to bed until 5am and now it was 11am. She excitedly grabbed her phone to see that he had sent a 'good morning' message at 7:30.

She smiled softly at his message and decided to wait to respond. She looked over to her sisters to see that Lexi was wide awake on her phone and Cassie was still snoring.

'Morning' Lily whispered to Lexi, 'Last night was so weird'

'Weird how?' Lexi asked without saying good morning, 'Was it weird because of Nate Jacobs?"

Lily was taken back by her sister's sharpness and she was confused as to how Lexi knew about their bathroom conversation.

'No' Lily said simply, 'How do you know I talked to him?'

Lexi decided to say nothing but pointed at Cassie.

'Why is it a big deal?' Lily asked, 'I didn't expect him to speak to me'

Lexi shook her head, 'It's not that I am mad at you... it's just Nate is trouble. I've heard the shit he says in the locker room and his family seems... off'

'Off?' Lily asked while she ignored the part of Nate being potential trouble

'Yeah they seem off to me' Lexi repeated, 'They just seem like they have so many secrets and Nate's dad is not someone I would want to associate myself with, even if it's through Nate'

'What's wrong with Cal Jacobs?' Lily asked simply but she was interrupted by Cassie waking up

'Morning Cass' Lexi said, 'You look like shit'

Cassie looked over to her sister and rolled her eyes, 'Lexi it's 7am calm down'

'It's nearly noon' Lexi corrected

Cassie didn't seem to care about her correction and instead decided to make her way to their bathroom. Cassie had locked the door behind her when Lexi decided to speak up again.

'I don't know what's wrong with Cal Jacobs exactly' Lexi said, 'I just think the Jacob's are weird'

'And we are not?' Lily asked

'At least we don't keep secrets from each other' Lexi pointed out, 'Anyway, I'm going to start getting ready for the bonfire tonight. Are you coming?'

Lily nodded and said, 'Who's bonfire is it anyway?'

'It's no one's' Lexi said, 'A bunch of people are just meeting at the beach and lighting a small fire'

'Right' Lily trailed on, 'Sounds fun'

Lexi chuckled and made her way to the bathroom to kick Cassie out, so she could do her makeup.

...

All of the sisters made their way downstairs to find their mother standing in the kitchen with a signature glass of wine.

'Have fun tonight girls' Suze said simply, 'I want you girls to stay safe tonight'

Cassie laughed at her mother and said, 'Mum it's fine. I promise no one will get up to anything'

In this moment, Suze looked over to Lexi and Lily with a sharp eye.

'Girls I'm serious' Suze repeated, 'I don't want to be grandma just yet... jesus'

They all stood there feeling the awkwardness in the air, because Lexi and Lily knew that statement was not directly meant for them. Suze knew that both of them did not sleep with boys or even remotely came close to it.