twenty four.

tw: mention of deathofficially the last chapter of year #4calm before the storm😏

officially the last chapter of year #4
calm before the storm😏

"BUT-" MADELYN TRIED TO REASON WITH THE HEADMASTER FOR WHAT FELT LIKE THE ONE HUNDRETH TIME THAT HOUR. Fred was beside her, trying to argue with Dumbledore but he wasn't hearing it. He raised his hand in the air, stopping her from talking.

"No but's, the tournament must go on. I appreciate your concern for your friend but I can assure you that we have made sure the task is completely safe." He walked behind the two kids who were sat in chairs in front of his desk and over to a bowl of candy sitting by the door. "Now, can I interest you in some chocolates before you leave?"

Fred stood up from his seat, grabbing his and Maddie's things before reaching his hand out for her to take. She looked up at him with pleading eyes. She did not think this task was safe and she was worried for Harry, and Cedric.

"Sir, Maddie knows what she saw and I don't think it is very wise to continue with the task." Fred said. They had explained her whole dream to him, leaving out the key detail that these dreams had been happeing for a while, but he still didn't think it was a big deal. It was the first time Fred was hearing about her dream and he felt terribly sorry that she had to go through that and see those events play out.

Obviously, Dumbledore could see the distress it was giving Maddie but he knew that nightmares could do that to a person. Dumbledore sighed and removed his hands from the bowl of chocolates, clasping them in front of his body as he took a step closer to the two kids.

"Why don't you get some rest before the task? You've had a long night."

Madelyn sighed and stood from her chair, brushing past Fred. She didn't take a second glance before she stormed out of the headmasters office and into the hogwarts corridors. Fred followed shortly after, trying to merge his way through the people that have gathered in the yard before the tournament as he followed her.

He sighed when he lost her in the crowd and was stopped by George. He was dressed up in the Gryffindore colors, a box of bets secured around his neck.

"Hey, mate. What's got your face all noted up?" George furrowed his brows and fixed Fred's tie that was tucked underneath his sweater. He tried to actually dress nicely to get on the headmasters good graces.

"Maddie." He ran a hand over his face, his eyes were baggy and everyone could tell he didn't get much sleep last night. "She had a nightmare last night and we just went to talk to Dumbledore about it but he completely shut us down and now I've lost her."

He tried to look past George to look around for her and he followed his sight, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "I'm sure she's alright. Maybe check the astronomy tower? She likes to go there when she's upset, yeah?"

George could tell his brother was stressed and he didn't like the sight. He loved the effect Maddie had on him and how she was always able to somehow make him feel better.