5:1

Disclaimer: a troupe will have 11 people on their team now, so I can add in Ophelia.

Ophelia Ferguson definitely didn't find it easy leaving her old studio, since she had practically spent every day of her life in there.

It wasn't until her old studio head spoke to the once competitive team about not attending regionals, that was when she finally had her snap back into reality to realise that change was needed.

Thankfully, Ophelia wasn't alone in leaving because her friend, Jacquie was leaving alongside her. Their friendship started when they were duet partners, but only got stronger when their siblings started to date. Even when they broke up, Ophelia and Jacquie stayed as friends.

Much to their old dance teachers annoyance, today the two girls were attending an audition at a studio called The Next Step. Both girls assumed that they were competitive because of their notorious internationals win not very long ago.

The dance studio was much nicer than the one at Ophelia's old studio. The walls were a pastel pink and blue. It was slightly smaller than Ophelia had previously anticipated, but still had a homely feel that tended to run through any dance studio, but for some reason Ophelia thought it seemed to be more prominent here.

An elbow digs into her Ophelia's rib, diverting her attention from the studio. Turning her eyes, towards her best friend, Jacquie.

"Ophelia?" the worried tone of her friend, made Ophelia concerned, Jacquie tilts her head towards a certain boy "Is that you know who?"

Ophelia glances over to where Jacquie's head had signaled, upon laying her eyes on the boy, she reluctantly nods, causing Jacquie to sigh.

"What's Henry doing here?"

"... maybe he won't recognise you" Ophelia suggests, trying to make her friend feel slightly better about the situation. "Or he could have an identical twin"

Ophelia places an arm around her brunette friend's shoulder to pry her focus away from the situation and onto the auditions. "We could both just be mistaken, there are lots of possibilities that it isn't him alright"

Just as Ophelia was able to start getting Jacquie away, she hears someone say her name. Sighing, they both turn.

"Jacquie" he repeats. It wasn't Henry though, it was the boy he was speaking with.

Pulling out of Ophelia's grasp, Jacquie goes to hug him, leaving her younger friend feeling slightly out of place.

"How've you been" the boy asks.

Ophelia immediately remember how had Jacquie had told her about a boy she met at a dance workshop, so she presumes that this is him.

With lack of anything else to do, Ophelia picks at her nails. That was until she feels a gaze fall upon her.

"Is this the friend you spoke to me about" he asks, causing Jacquie to nod, "I'm Noah" the boy introduces sticking out his hand for her to shake.

"Ophelia" she smiled accepting it, she thought he seemed nice enough. "Jacquie's told me so much"

"The famous Ophelia, I'm so glad you two could make it. Wouldn't it be cool to be on the same team" Noah says.

"Yeah, totally" Jacquie responds

Ophelia simply nods, feeling more into it, but still like she was third wheeling on a first date. Along with the fact that she was constantly feeling a certain pair of eyes staring at Noah, Jacquie and herself. They both were too infatuated with eachother to notice.