5:5

Out of Jacquie and Ophelia, Jacquie always seemed to get the boys. It didn't come as that much of a surprise to Ophelia, though Jacquie was beautiful, nor did it bother her very much.

She just supposes that right now wasn't her time, of course she was still waiting for her glow up.

"Down, up — reverse, six, seven, eight and relieve hold"

Ophelia could barely concentrate, and it doesn't take her very long to feel her legs stumbling from her lack of concentration. Trying to fix herself, she ends up putting weight on the wrong part of her foot from panicking.

That was until someone runs into the studio, Ophelia recognises him from the Leon Blackwood class. Again she can't fully remember his name.

"Guys... guys... guys... guys" he huffs, running in. "I need pledges asap"

Much to Ophelia's relief, everyone gets up, allowing her to shake her legs out a bit. Thankfully she wasn't injured.

"Pledges for the dance-a-thon" Noah asks, making him nod "Is it kinda late for that"

Ophelia chuckles under my breath, the dance-a-thon was later today and he was only just getting pledges.

"Yeah I know it's late, that's why I'm here"

"Y'know what, I'll give you five bucks bro" Noah says

"Thanks great, anyone else" Ozzy says, Ophelia stayed quiet, she didn't know who this boy was.

His eyes fall on Richelle, and walks over to her "I've got a pledge for you, my undying love"

The group all laugh at the poor boy, although Ophelia can't really decide if he's joking around or being serious.

"Not a chance" Richelle says

"Right, it's cool" he says, Ophelia assumes thst he was deliberately being satire as he didn't seem at all disappointed "Does anyone else have any pledges"

It was silent, but even if anyone did have any money to spare for Spectacles, they knew it was over for him because Emily walked in.

"What's going on here"

"Ozzy's tryna get pledges for the dance-a-thon" Josh answers through laughter

Ophelia finally finds out his name, Ozzy. It was a bit of a unique name, but he did seem a bit weird himself.

"All give you ten dollars to leave" Emily says

"Make it a hundred"

"I'll make it five"

"Y'know what your name is down for ten"

Emily nods as Ozzy backs out of the room. Ophelia giggles a bit, but is thankful for him taking the attention off her for her mistakes.

"Okay everyone back to practice" Richelle says, Emily walks back into her office. "Everyone deepen the pile, strengthen your arms.

She scans the room and an unimpressed look comes on her face as she walks over to Ophelia , and pushes her back to straighten it."This is what happens when you're distracted"

Ophelia feels her cheeks flush red as Richelle walks back to her spot. "Right, I think we're all warm. We should try some tumbling"

Hopefully Ophelia thinks that she will have a better time doing tumbling as she would probably label herself as an acro dancer. Ophelia steps up from the floor and stands up.

"Alright, Ophelia, you go first"

The girl gulps, but knows that needs to redeem herself, so she runs and jump into a punch front, then twists into a round off, neatly landing on two feet before pushing into a back hand spring then a back layout.

"Nice" Richelle says "Noah, you next"

Ophelia takes her place at the back of the line, behind Amy, the new girl, who had just moved from tns West.

"That was really good" she whispers flashing Ophelia a smile "It's Ophelia, right"

"Yeah, thanks, you're Amy aren't you" Ophelia smiles back, matching her volume so Richelle won't hear them.

Amy nods, but she had no time to give Ophelia a vocal response because it was her turn to tumble. Watching her closely, Ophelia noted that Amy had incredible height in her layout and technique that she couldn't see anyone other than maybe Richelle matching. She thought that Amy would be a good fit for the team.

*****

Jacquie and Ophelia walk into studio A, ready to watch the end if the Dance-a-Thon. Her sight immediately falls on Noah as she walks in, something which makes Ophelia laugh.

"Do you mind" Jacquie asks.

"Of course not, you deserve it" Ophelia smiles, as Jacquie side hugs her and walks over to Noah.

Even though Ophelia did say that Jacquie could go and talk to Noah, that did leave her feeling slightly out of place. She glances around the room and see the boy she knows as Ozzy.

Deciding that he seemed nice enough, albeit weird, but still pleasant.

"Hi" Ophelia says "I don't think I know you yet"

"Yeah... I don't think so either. I'm Ozzy" he says, Ophelia decides not to say that she already knew his name to avoid sounding like a stalker.

"I'm Ophelia" she say, but a puzzled look comes on his face.

"Sorry how do you pronounce your name?" he says, confused laugher present in this voice.

"Oh-phee-lia. It's greek I think, I'm not Greek though"

"That's too difficult, I'll just call you Lia" Ozzy says

Ophelia playfully scoffs, no one has ever had this type of trouble with pronouncing her name before. "That's what the substitute teachers do"

Ozzy laughs a bit "I feel insulted"

"Good"

"Well you see them over there" Ozzy points at Noah and Jacquie, making Ophelia nod in return "That'll be me and Richelle someday"

"You sure?"

"Yeah, she knows my name"

"Aw... You better buy the engagement ring soon"

Ophelia was so sidetracked talking with to Ozzy that she didn't notice how close the timer was to going off. It wasn't until Michelle started counting down, that she realised.

We all clap for the two winners, Ophelia was quite glad that Henry won, he really deserved it. The other winner, Heather, was the barista at Neutral Grounds so Ophelia was surprised to see her here.

"Ozzy, you told me that you'd meet me in neutral grounds" Ophelia turns and finds a boy whom she'd never met before.

"Sorry bro, I wanted to stay for the end" Ozzy responds, making his friend sigh.

"Whose this?" he asks, pointing at the girl.

"I'm Ophelia, I'm on TNS East"

Ozzy looks slightly taken aback by this "You didn't tell me that, I assumed you were on b troupe or something"

"Sorry, I guess"

"Anyways, I'm Kingston. Pleasures all mine Ophelia" he says, charming smile gracing his features.

Ophelia chuckles, and conversation carries on. Through talking to them, she learns that Kingston was the newest member of his team. He ws previously a self taught dancer.

"I'm actually in baby ballet. Noah says that I should be able to graduate soon"

Due to his and Ozzy's obvious laughter, Lia was struggling to tell if he's joking about the baby ballet thing or not. Thankfully for her, the conversation is diverted when music starts playing.