chapter six

karma knelt down, unlocking the suitcase with a satisfying click. he peeked inside, "see this is why being involved in a gang is a good thing- i can get you some nice killing machines." the redhead whistled, "beretta 92." he smirked, displaying the semi-automatic pistol within his hands. "then here's a 44 calibre british bulldog revolver." he mentioned, pulling another one from the case. "these beauties have been sitting there for a while." he twirled them within his hands, "ooh here's a 44 calibre muzzleloading derringer. these ones look so sweet"

nagisa's eyes widened, as he peeked inside of the suitcase. weapons were delicately placed like a museum display. "h- how many do you even have?!"

karma peeked at him, "more than what's here." he raised an eyebrow, "we can try a couple out with you to see what you're most comfortable with." karma noted, "here- have a feel."

almost dropping it into nagisa's hands, the adult caught it with a small wail, "woah its heavy-!"

karma chuckled, watching the gun bat between nagisa's hands.

"we never really used real guns within the class- so you never particularly realise the weight of them." he shrugged.

nagisa twisted it within his hands. "hayami and chiba were the only ones to really hold real guns... aside from our teachers of course..."

"you're more of a knife guy- arent you?" karma queried "after all- your fights with takaoka and i... plus we were both ranked joint third right after maehara and isogai with knives-"

nagisa dithered for a second, mind pestering with thought. "i think i'm more of a "using manipulation and skills to get close" type of killer... and knives are a lot easier for that than guns when i want to get close."

"thought so." karma twirled a knife within his hands, alike he was doing magicians work, "glad i grabbed some of these then: cold steel oss a... glock perfection. ooh ka-bar offers japanese characteristics if that's what you would prefer?" he suggested.

"how do you have so many different options-" nagisa chuckled, picking up the ka-bar knife.

"...i know people-" karma smiled. "we're working together- right? so I'll supply you with what you need. you didn't go through military training to become a legitimate government assassin, so i'm your best bet. you're becoming one through me. so i'm helping and teaching you from what i remember from the background of a gang-" he leaned back carelessly, pointing the gun towards the ceiling, squinting his eye as he pretended to aim at an invisible target.

nagisa was fascinated as he smiled, turning the gun, admiring its curves. "...you teaching me- that's new."

"like you ever taught me anything." karma scoffed. "just because you were a teacher..."

"i've taught you a bunch of things!" nagisa interrupted.

"like-?" karma smirked, a laugh tangled between his tongue.

"... during our third year- there was plenty of moments..." he scratched his neck. ..."with english?"

karma burst out a laugh, "to be honest you did teach me a lot... even if it wasn't obvious things..." karma played with the locks of the case, flickering them back and forth. "you taught me how to live, and i thank you for that."

nagisa grinned, turning away. a warmth flushed over him, his heart almost skipping a beat.

tapping a gun playfully against nagisa's head, he questioned, "not even gonna thank me?"

"huh?"

"getting you all this stuff?" karma raised the gun within his hands, before placing it back into the case.