chapter two

one moment the road was there, wide, and open, and safe. the next, wailing caterwauls of cars, acrid smells, and pain thrust through hearts, which cracked until it was a cloud of fine powered dust, coated ribs, bones, and organs. it stained the minds of innocent victims: their eyes were drawn to four abhorrent bodies, visible upon the ground for the world to see.

kayano. nagisa. and their daughter- who was within nagisa's blood-soaked hands.

a substantial wedge of metal thrashed through kayano's chest upon contact, her heart ruptured, filling the cracks of fractures that were etched throughout her body.

nagisa and his daughter survived, narrowly missed by the murdering machines.

but his daughter was murdered, stabbed, killed soon after, by the same man who caused the crash, causing a longing, painful death: crying until the air was suffocated out of her blood coated lungs. unable to get there on time as his leg was stuck under rubble, nagisa begged for her to continue to breathe, as he sat within the puddle of leaking blood.

kayano and ayumi's death came as a shock to the world. every soul grieved with silence. even those who didn't know their name were crushed with a loss of life.

the world's standstill: that's an aspect movies, novels and articles aren't good at showing.

it was described as a tragedy- as if it was some sort of shakespearean literature.

kayano's face was plastered upon screens, her name muttered between lips. another "trend" that was bounced about online. her critics only cared about her, once her life had gone from the universe. she will die once more when people forget about the trendy memorial tributes, and only then her name would be erased from this earth.

or, until nagisa had been erased from this earth.

even since being discharged from hospital, he couldn't go a second without encountering other people speaking about his wife and child's death.

it was only now in which the tears fell, within the comfort of his own home. yet- that comfort had been erased, there was just no comfort without them.

crying occurred so often that it became normality for him. by now, it was how nagisa's body spoke when his mouth couldn't explain the pain he felt. the only thing keeping him within reality was the warmth of his tears rolling down his cheek. his tears kept his soul alive within the furnace of his pain.

admiring the ceiling became a bore through his tear-soaked eyes. the palms of his hands depressed his sockets; rumbling a blood-curdling scream. it was almost like his body forgot how to call for help.

they went unanswered, reminding himself of the lone presence without his partner by his side, and they were now punished with cruelty through his body's rejection, rebelling against his existence to the world.

from his exhausted lungs, the scream was followed by a rejected hurling cough. it was one of those coughs that emanated directly from your chest, scoring your throat with pain, head ringing. it was one of those coughs that would have awoken someone sleeping within the home.

yet no one was in the home anymore. not his daughter. not his wife. no one.

he laid there motionlessly, heavy breathing softly brushed his skin. his eyes throbbed. by now, the sofa was exhausted from soaking in tears.

nagisa hadn't slept in his own bed for weeks, in fear looking over towards an empty bed.

the entire house reminded him of loneliness. he didn't even dare walk into his baby's room which sat deep within the apartment.