☆12☆

If there is anything in James Potter's 'never going to happen list' it would be:

1. Sirius admitting he wears diapers
2. Remus giving up on chocolates
3. Dumbledore being straight
4. Minnie without a hat
5. Lily Jade Evans crying

But when he saw the red head, alone, in an empty classroom, tears running through her face, it's safe to say he was surprised to say the least and very concerned.

“Hey Evans? Are you alright? Wait, scratch that, it was a stupid question, ofcourse you're not alright, so is there anything I can do to help?” James said slowly making his way towards Lily.

“Go away Potter” Lily said her voice breaking.

James felt his heart pierce when he saw her like this. He would rather die a million times than see her hurt.

“Hey, no matter what you say, I'm not going anywhere, so just tell me what's wrong Lils” He asked kneeling down right next to her.

Lily didn't say anything, she showed a piece of parchment.

“See it, you want to know what's wrong with me, just read it" She said breaking down into a sob.

James quickly opened the parchment and saw neat cursive written in it.

Dear Freak,

It would be great if you wouldn't come to MY parents funeral. You always have ruined everything you touched and now you killed my parents! Everything would have been fine and they would have been alive had you been normal. And now they are dead! And don't even think about stepping into our house. With great frustration, i have to inform you that they have left you their wedding rings which I'll enclose in the letter. Let this be the sign to completely cut ties with you and our world.

Yours hatefully,

Petunia

James's hand shook in fury as he read the letter. He wanted to torture whoever it was, making Lily cry. But he knew now is not the time to be thinking about this. Right now, Lily needs him. But there wasn't anything he could say that could possibly make her feel better. So he wrapped her in a hug which she returned weakly.

“Thanks....” She whispered still hugging him, tears running down her cheeks.

“Hey, I'm here, whenever you need me, I'll be there for you, ok?” James said slowly pulling away from the hug.

“Yeah, thanks.....James” She said, a small smile playing on her lips.

James simply grinned outward but inside, his heart felt like it was about to explode. His blood turned warm, He wanted to go on top the astronamy tower and yell, Lily Evans called me by my name!

“Well, I've to get going” She said walking away.

Then she stopped and turned.

“You coming Potter?”

“Hell yeah” James grinned.

Today he actually saw Lily Jade Evans cry, who knows, maybe Sirius will finally admit he wears diapers.