Chapter 1-Race

Chapter 1-Race

TINGIN sa kanan at tingin sa kaliwa bago ulit gumawa ng panibagong hakbang. Iyan lang naman ang isa sa nakasanayang gawin ni Zia tuwing sumasapit na ang alas onse ng gabi. Gawain niya ang tumakas upang magliwaliw sa labas at tsaka naman siya babalik sa tuwing malapit ng mag-umaga.

She puts an effort on her every step, avoiding to make any noise so that no one could hear her sneaking out of their house for the nth time.

She curse under her breath and tried her best to hide herself beside the hallway table because she just saw one of their maid coming on her way. She rolled her eyes in the air and patiently wait for their maid to turn right.

"That was close," she whispered on herself and made her way into the living room.

She rolled her eyes again just by thinking that besides her father, wala na siyang kasundo sa loob ng bahay nila. In fact, minsan pa nga, nasusungitan niya ang ama niya kahit na wala naman itong ginagawang masama sa kanya.

Nagtuloy-tuloy siya sa paglalakad at sa lagay niyang iyon, mukha siyang isang magnanakaw dahil sa sobrang ingat niya na hindi makagawa ng kahit konting ingay lang. Lots of people were asking but even though she's not below 18 anymore, her father won't let her go off at this kind of times or even to go out for nothing. That's why she was very annoyed.

Her father is currently facing a problem right now regarding to those persons who left him a threat. It's normal on business world especially when you are one of the top billionaire in town and her father is one of those. Cortez Group of Company is currently on the position of top 2 biggest company not just in town but also outside the country. Their business is physical product which is durable goods such as cars and furnitures and it has a 5 big branches around the world. It is way too imposible if you won't get a threat coming from your rivals who wan't to steal your spot.

"Shit!" she curse again the moment she saw her cousin outside and curretly parking his car on their wide garage.

She did not expect that coming. Akala kasi niya ay kanina pa ito nakauwi. Akmang ihahakbang na sana niya ang kanyang mga paa para magtago pero napamura na naman siyang muli sa kanyang sarili no'ng mapagtantong huli na ang lahat dahil nasa kanya na ang buong atensyon ng kanyang pinsan at naglalakad na ito palapit sa kanyang direksyon.

"Didn't uncle Ferlan told you not to go out, Freezy, especially at this kind of time? What are you up to?" said the manly and serious voice of her cousin, Ahljuss, with his furrowed eyebrows.

Napaikot naman ng mata si Zia sa hangin bago ito nagbuntong-hininga. Isa pa ang lalaking ito sa hindi niya masyadong nilalapitan but she admit it that he's kind but intimidating at the same time.

She cross her arms on her chest and eyed him with her bored look. "So what? Hindi na ako teenager ngayon, Ahljuss," she uttered.

He raised his brows at her. "And it's kuya Ahljuss. Don't just say my name. I am years older than you and I am your cousin," kunot noong sambit naman ng huli. "You're dad is just concern. At least give him a chance and don't distance yourself on him. He's still your father," he added that made her laugh is a sarcastic way.

"Let me ask you something and let's be honest here!!" she started and took a deep breath, trying her best not to explode. Galit siyang tumingin sa pinsan. "Before you found me, all of you, what was your life back then? Isn't it luxurious?! Ngayon sasabihin ko sa'yo, bago niyo ako nahanap, sa tingin niyo ba madali ang buhay ko?!! I don't have a parents to attend every important events of my life!! I grew up in an orphanage since I was a baby!! Hindi niyo alam ang pakiramdam ng walang kalaro because I'm sure when you were on my age, you were busy playing with your friends and yes, I don't have all of the things you have!! Of all the chances, bakit ngayon lang?!" she added full of anger.