Thirteen.

∘°∘♡∘°∘∘°∘♡∘°∘
(𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌𝐒)
CHAPTER TWELVE----▹

"What's going on with you today?" Natasha's voice rang through the room, and Leigh's head snapped in her direction, "Wha

"What's going on with you today?" Natasha's voice rang through the room, and Leigh's head snapped in her direction, "Wha..what do you mean?" Leigh asked, with a shrug, "Well, you've been kind of out of it all day...did something happen?" 

Leigh's gaze dropped to the floor, "Wanda kissed me." Natasha arched an eyebrow at the brunette, "And this is a good thing, yes?" Leigh nodded, a smile breaking out on her face. 

The woman had struggled with the idea of letting herself be happy for years. She had blamed herself for the death of her best friend, she felt responsible for her mother leaving. Even though she knew that it wasn't anybody's fault but the woman who left.

"I really like her, I do but-" the green-eyed woman's voice trailed off, eyes moving from Natasha's features back to the ground. Love. She had been in love with Ally. 

"But?" Natasha tilted Leigh's chin up, "Is this about-" she asked softly, "Yes." Leigh cut her off, and the redhead simply nodded. "I just...I just feel like I'm- I don't know..." she shook her head back and forth, blinking away tears that threatened to spill over, "Betraying her?"

Leigh nodded, unable to speak, "Flower..." Natasha opened her arms, and Leigh leaned into the hug. Natasha wasn't a big touchy-feely person with most people, but the young brunette was like her daughter. "You aren't betraying anyone by letting yourself be happy Leigh."

Natasha knew that Leigh wouldn't ever admit it but Ally had never been that good for her, the two girls had met as teenagers. And even though Ally was gone she still had too much control over Leigh's life. But all Natasha could do was urge Leigh to let herself be happy, and to let go of Ally.

Leigh pulled away from the hug, wiping away fallen tears, Natasha smiled at her softly, "So, I heard you singing yesterday....When's the album coming. I would buy the hell out of it." Leigh laughed, "I'm not a musician Nat, I'm a doctor...it feels so weird to be able to say that."

"You are in fact a doctor. And I'm very proud of you, but don't sell yourself short, you can write some lyrics." Leigh half-rolled her eyes, "Romanoff. Strange. We've got a lead on Rumlow." Steve alerted entering the room, "Wheels up in ten."

"Got it, Cap," Leigh spoke, mock saluting in the blonde man's direction, "I should-" Leigh started, "Go talk to Wanda before we leave? Yes, you should." Natasha urged, and the brunette sighed exasperated, "Fine. Fine."

-----

"Hey Wands, can I uh- can I come in?" she asked leaning against the door frame, the other woman shrugged, pulling on her green jacket. After a moment of standing in silence Wanda spoke up, "Did I do something wrong? I feel like I did something wrong."