~Prologue~

March 28th 1986

Hawkins, Indiana...

The sound of electrical humming and *hissing* can be heard as a man breathing in a biohazard mask and wearing a hazmat suit leans down and plugs in a wide tube. One of these men in a matching outfit is walking down some short stairs heading over to a corner in the considerably sized room while another masked person pulls up a lever like a car handbrake and then pulls the other lever next to the larger mechanical one down.

*BEEP!* *BEEP!* *BEEP!* The area surrounding these mysterious and busy people is inside a dark facility, now looking like a laboratory.....fluorescent lights flicker and a blue hue reflects off. One of the same masked men from before turns on another device....a *ringing* noise mimics before a loud alarm wails!

Above, a new man walks across a long windowless corridor toward a silver door, stopping to pick off a special keycard that is clipped on his suit and then resumes to pass through.

The smell of burnt smoke is not coming from the tough-looking soldier but apparently beside him is a very serious and stern man dressed in an olive-green uniform, the wrinkles on his old face make it clear that this man is one to hardly smile much. He finishes his icy stare out the window to take a short huff from the cigarette that is holding in his hand and turns around to see a group of government officials of different genders all pitching in, monitoring various buttons in a small control room, the main colours being neon specks of red, blue, green and yellow.

Stepping downstairs and arriving from the far right corner are two other men dressed like scientists in their clean white lab coat apparel. Both having different appearances, head over to where the tall grumpy man is. The first scientist is older and places down a shiny briefcase, unhitching the locks to reveal.....two very abstract key-looking metal shapes? The same man hands the younger-looking scientist one of the peculiar keys while he holds the other, the young man then walks over being careful not to bump into the solider looking guy or the General....he hesitates for a quick second, glancing over at the other scientist who appears to have already inserted his Key into a sturdy hole shaped just for the key. He nods beckoning the young scientist to do the same, who is clearly starting to sweat from the lack of ventilation and from the impending anticipation....he finally inserts his Key into the other hole placed at the other end of the room.

Immediately the keys *click* in and lights turn on as a larger device down below is starting to power up and there is almost a blue electricity zapping off everywhere as it spins around like a record player. Many other components inside the large cannon-like machine contain a bunch of mechanical parts and it must be the two Keys that are acting as a battery generator! A sharp blue light begins to shoot out a laser beam of electricity directly hitting a wall!

Slowly the dynamic beam is trying to open up an odd large red and purple bruised mark! Pulsating every time it tries to penetrate the surface...

The suspense in the inclosed room is so intense........ as the Comrade-General takes another inhale of smoke. The ground begins to rumble and shakes like an earthquake! The lights start to rattle and crackle from the ceiling switching on and off....as well as all the multicoloured buttons, beeping on and off sounding like it is an emergency! All the workers look astounded as the large machine starts to now shoot out bolts of high-powered energy rays on its own non-stop! Attacking the wall repeatedly.... until it finally slows back down.

They feel like it is a failed attempt as the machine clearly wasn't functioning normally......all of a sudden on the ground level, a huge amount of excess energy is released and backfires at many of the other nearby scientists, they scream before their bodies are electrocuted to death! The stern look on the General's face starts to turn into Scrooge-like furrowed brows as he puts out his cigarette into a crystal clear dish already full of ash. The four of them descend out of the control room and just look at all the demolition that has been made! Pieces of body flesh are disseminated everywhere and small flames start to burn around the room as their noses take in the malodorous and decaying odour!

The General in attendance is still not impressed at all, as he walks up to place his large hand on the shadowy blueish wall, he feels it stiffly and he acts as if no development has been done at all, no budge. The lead scientist then steps forward revealing his nationality as he speaks, in {Russian}

'Comrade-General, we are close. You can see...You can see our progress. We just need more ti'

He gasps as the large brute man from before, named Grigori stops the unnamed scientist from finishing his sentence by grabbing his throat, strongly strangling him and even lifting him off the ground! The younger scientist behind them watches in shock, trying to not give away any expression.

[🎶 Major General Stepanov steps forward to him who is still standing compared to the other scientist who has just been choked to death! He orders the newly-promoted scientist also in {Russian} threatening him to perfect the "Key" by any means necessary or else he will meet the same fate as his previous co-worker, 'You have one week.' The young scientist turns back around and bluntly agrees to say back in only {Russian}, 'Yes, Comrade-General.' Grigori observes his superior's departure, still holding the unnamed scientist by the throat. Soviet General Stepanov then departs the room and a heavy steel door closes.....🎶]