Chapter Three: The Devastation

El and Max go shopping, heartache carries on, and Nancy shares a tender moment with Karen. Lucas finds some kind of secret code.

Main Character Outfits

1. Mike- (Date Outfit: bright yellowish-orange buttoned beach shirt over a plain purple T-shirt, khaki and pale grey shorts, tropical beach bucket hat, black and white sunglasses on a string around the neck, iconic sneakers/black T-shirt, black pants.)

2. Karen- (80's aerobics outfit- short light blue tube top, white rhinestone belt, salmon-pink leotard with matching legwarmers, patterned headband.)

3. Max- (Billy's old brown jacket, plain long green sleeved shirt, blue denim jeans, iconic shoes/ bunny and rainbow graphic PJ's at sleepover, hair half out the front and rest in a messy bun.)

4. Robin- (her own unique police uniform: dark blue apparel, with quirky badges, red sneakers./white T-shirt with red, lilac purple and orange stripes, greyish brown pants.)

5. Eleven- ( a red and white striped long-sleeved polo shirt, baggy teal sweatpants, iconic socks and sneakers/ colourful playsuit/ cute red strawberry and pink cherry graphic PJs at sleepover.)

6. Will- ( a white plaid flannel shirt with different shades of light and dark blues, white pants, red and brown belt, white socks with dark blue and red stripes, iconic watch, brown sneakers/ FLASHBACK: black suit with a light green tie, black pants.)

7. Jim- (a fancy silk navy shirt, denim jeans, black belt, shiny black loafer shoes.)

8. Nancy- (a white long-sleeved polo shirt, grey vest, blue and pink skirt, grey boots.)

9. Lucas- ('Burger King' work uniform and cap.)

10. Joyce- ('Melvads' uniform/ long grey shirt tucked into black pants.)

11. Dustin- ( a green hoodie, deep blue long-sleeved shirt over a white and light green math equation graphic T-shirt, denim jeans, light blue THINKING CAP hat/ grey long-sleeved shirt under a plain purple T-shirt, deep blue pants with pockets, iconic backpack/ FLASHBACK: a white buttoned shirt over a- BYTE OFF red polo shirt, cream coloured pants with pockets, a black watch, black belt, white sneakers.)

12. Steve- (his own unique police uniform: light blue apparel and iconic sneakers/tight denim jeans, brown belt, dark blue, purple and white striped polo shirt, grey denim vest over a shirt.)

13. Erica- (a pink and orange flower scrunchie, magenta and grey heart shape designed dress with red stripes, dark blue glitter leggings, white pearl earrings, hair in a small ponytail, iconic shoes.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hawkins, Indiana. March 29th, 1986:

It is four o'clock at the Mall and in one of the many clothing stores to choose from- The Gap, Mike is waiting for El to change after her dress 'incident'. He is bored, fiddling with his hat in the waiting area at the shops when El is trying clothes on at the Mall. He buys her new clothes that are plain-looking, Mike doesn't have the best fashion sense. They then have a small fight leaving the store. Mike speaks to El and she is pissed off at him about how he behaved so rudely with Hopper last night! Mike explains to El regarding Hopper, "Oh Hopper, he's just an old man who hates joy." Mike tries to tell El about Hopper's interference in their relationship to her. El muses that Hopper may be right, "What if he's right?" that they are spending too much time together. El then decides to ditch Mike, saying that she has to go to the bathroom... alone. Mike is left there feeling confused?