Unmask - Front of School Scene

**EXT. FORESTFIELD SECONDARY SCHOOL AND SIXTH
FORM - MORNING**
A large, three story school, with a very old fashioned look to it, casting a shadow on the ground below.

A few of Haley's friends are sitting on the benches outside the entrance of the school.

ROSE KARN, a 17 year old girl eating an apple, sitting on the tabletop of the bench. You can tell she is the group member who never stops talking.

BELLA COURTS, a shy looking 16 year old is sitting on the grass, drawing a picture, possibly to distract herself from the surrounding.

JOSH VANS, An unbothered and sassy looking 16 year old boy has headphones in, blocking out all surrounding noise.

**ROSE**
What you drawing?

**BELLA**
A cat.

**ROSE**
Any reason?

**BELLA**
I like cats.

**ROSE**
(laughing)
Good enough.

A couple more of Haley's friends walk over.

JAKE WESLEY, a 16 year old boy who you would instantly assume is the school bully, is about to sit down with his girlfriend BRACKEN.

BRACKEN REESE, a cool but warm looking 17 year old is about to sit down with her boyfriend Jake.

**JAKE**
(Sarcastically and laughing)
I can't believe Ava was killed last night, what a way to start the week.

**BRACKEN**
Give it a rest Jake, how would you feel if it was me who was murdered?

**JAKE**
Well...

**BRACKEN**
Don't finish that sentence.

**BELLA**
(looking up from drawing)
Guys come on, this is serious. Someone at THIS school is a murderer, who knows who they could kill next.

**JAKE**
It's pretty obvious who did it.

**ROSE**
Who?

**JAKE**
Josh obviously. He's been super depressed since him and Ava broke up, he definitely slashed her open to get back at her.

**ROSE**
What the fuck Jake, why did you have to put it like that?

**JAKE**
It's the truth!

Josh takes out his headphones.

**JOSH**
You do realise I can hear everything you guys are saying.

**JAKE**
Shit.

**BRACKEN**
He didn't mean it.

**JAKE**
Yeah... It was just a theory.

**JOSH**
Well you seemed pretty certain. How do you even know she was slashed open? The police haven't given out any information yet.

**JAKE**
I have my sources.

**ROSE**
That's suspicious.

**JAKE**
(smiling)
What, you think i'm the killer? What would my motive be?

**ROSE**
You're the type of person to kill for the fun of it, you wouldn't need a motive.

**JAKE**
True.

**ROSE**
So I'm right?

**JAKE**
No... But if you were, that would probably be my motive.

**JOSH**
Can you guys just shut up and stop accusing people of being a killer. How do we know this is even school related? Couldn't it just be a random guy wanting to kill.

**BRACKEN**
I guess. But it's highly unlikely. There's always a reason when murders happen. It's got to be school related.

**BELLA**
Can we stop talking about this. It's making me feel faint.

**ROSE**
Yeah we should. Where's Haley? She's not normally this late, school's about to start.

**BELLA**
Yeah i'm starting to worry.

**JAKE**
(smiling)
Maybe she's dead.

Bracken slaps Jake's arm.

**BRACKEN**
That's not even funny. It's way too soon to joke.

**JAKE**
Sorry.

A car pulls up and Haley steps out and runs over to the group.

**ROSE**
Good timing.

**JAKE**
Haley! You're alive!

Bracken slaps Jake's arm again.

**HALEY**
(Sarcastically)
Wow, you noticed?

Haley sits down on the grass next to Bella.

**HALEY**
Sorry I'm late, took a while getting ready. What you talking about?

**BELLA**
Mostly just arguing.

**HALEY**
About what?

**BRACKEN**
Jakes being a bitch, sorry Jake, and telling everyone scary facts about Ava's death. Then he accused Josh of being the killer, Josh overheard and got pissed, Rose accused Jake of being the killer, then we all decided to stop talking about Ava. Have I missed anything?

**JAKE**
I thought you were dead.

**BRACKEN**
Oh yeah, and Jake thought you were dead.

**HALEY**
Lovely.

The bell rings.

**ROSE**
We should get to class. Gonna be weird not seeing Ava's red head sitting in front of me every day.

**JAKE**
Technically it's still red. Just with blood.

**ROSE**
You have issues.

The group get up and walk to class.