Epilogue

My knees gripped tighter around Jacob's hips and he began to pick up pace as he thrust into me. His heavy breaths blew into my mouth like soft whispers in the wind, tickling my lips as they went which were sealed with a kiss. I knew by the way his body would randomly shudder that he was close, but then so was I. I gripped my fingers into his hair, his naked torso grazed against mine and at the same time my body spasmed into a high, Jacob released into the condom. 

It took a couple of minutes for the after-effects to die down, and the room steamed with the hormones that seeped out of us during our lovemaking. The heavy pants could still be heard ringing around our feverish bodies, and when Jacob finally stilled, he opened his eyes and gave me his biggest, cheesiest grin and we both burst out into a chuckle at the sheer euphoria we felt. 

"Only one more sleep," he kissed my cheek. 

"I can't wait to be doing this in our new home," I brushed my nose against his. 

"Didn't we already do that?" My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. "The third viewing, we were left alone to wander around the house. I remember lifting you up against the wall on the first floor, your legs wrapped around my hips, your dress bunched up against your waist, I unzipped my jeans and removed my hard cock before sliding it over your wet..." 

"Jacob," I breathlessly panted, feeling another flood of arousal at how his erotic words brought back the remembrance of the excitement that moment elicited. 

"Looks like someone is ready for round two," Jacob suddenly thrust again, reminding me that his seed-filled sheathed erection was still not only hard but remained inside of me. 

"We don't have time, we're moving tomorrow and we still have lots to pack," I laced my fingers around his neck. 

"Well, you managed to pack away your most prized possession last night," he smirked. 

"My books? Yes, at least those are packed and ready to go." 

"Ouch," Jacob looked down at my breasts and shook his head with a smile. "I was actually talking about me being packed away inside of you."

"Oh that," I pretended to think long and hard about it. "That's exactly why we have to get most of the packing done today. Plus I think I'm finally ready to write my article." 

"You are?" Tingles broke out on my skin where his thumb brushed over the scar that had started to fade on the side of my head. 

"Yeah, I want to end this chapter before I start a new one." 

"Since we've got packing to do later, why don't I make us breakfast and you can get on with writing your column?" 

"That sounds great and well-deserving of a blow job later," I grinned. 

Jacob pecked my lips and finally withdrew himself, once to our feet I scoured around on the floor to find something to wear when I felt something hit my chest. He had thrown one of his clean T-shirts at me, causing me to outwardly chuckle to myself at how we worked like a well-oiled machine. When I gazed over at him after one pull of the black material over my head, I watched him peel off the spent condom with the brightest, happiest smile on his face and I knew everything was going to be okay. 

It had been a couple of months since that day in the hospital, my scar had started to heal and so had my heart. Little by little everything was getting better and time was closing those fresh wounds. An unexpected friendship had formed in the meantime when I bumped into Carson one afternoon at the cafe. We laughed, he listened and I rambled, he showed me kindness and I showed him my vulnerable side. From that day I was grateful to see his authentic gestures and a platonic attachment had started to blossom with the thoughtful man that I had no idea was hidden away.