Dear God

Val's pov.

"Re, what's wrong?" I hastily stood up and grabbed my silver katana.

"Dunno. Let's check it out." He answered, pulling out his trademark weapon, a pirate style one edged sword. Re went over to the door and quietly pulled it open, motioning for me to be quiet, as if I wasn't already.

We snuck outside, cautious, alert at the smallest sound. The screams were getting louder.

Night crawlers.

There was fire everywhere. The only weapon other than blessed silver that can hurt them. It was almost impossible to kill them. Having them attacking our camp was an absolute nightmare. They were one of the most feared race.

I turned to Re. "We need to get over there and help."

He nodded tensely and we advanced.

Smoke blinded me as we headed closer to the screams and cries of our people. I fortunately didn't recognize anyone I was very close to.

Then I saw it. A night crawler standing over a whimpering young girl. I faintly remembered her name, it was Leona.

The creature momentarily awed me. They were beautiful creatures, like perfect humans. But such beauty comes at a price. For we have another name for Night Crawlers, Vampires.

This one had spiked all over the place, blood red hair. It fell over the vampires eyes on one side. I only had a side view, but I could make out the piercing red eyes, lustrous, but mischievous too. He had a strong jaw line and albino white skin. This one was probably around 19 when he was changed. Vampires were usuallyin their late teens, early twenties, because that was when they were at their strongest. Strength was a vampire's greatest asset.

I didn't think.

I rushed in and jumped infront of Leona, all awe gone.

"Get away from her." I snarled, crouching over the cowering girl.

He looked amused, "Don't worry, Your turn will come."

This guy… He was beyond arrogant.

I had a strange urge to punch him in the face.

"Ke, Don't mess around."

His eyebrows went up. "My, my. You're a feisty one, aren't you." His smirk widened, "All the more better to drink."

I froze, realisation dawning. I had just jumped in front of a vampire, who was a hundred times stronger than me, and a hundred faster too.

Valerie you bloody idiot.

Before I could do anything, blade sliced through the torso of the vampire infront of me. He only glanced down, amused.

"Is that all you got?" And he kicked out behind him, not even trying. Re went flying and smashed into a tent, knocked out cold.

"Re!" I cried out hoarsely. Don't worry, he'll be okay. Just, just concentrate on getting yourself and this girl out of here.

"Hmm…" The vampire infront of me said, caressing a lock of my hair. "You know, I could always change you…"

My answer was my sword in his gut.

"Ahh, blessed silver. I hate it. It tickles." He pulled it out, and blood stopped trickling out of his stomach.

He was strong, stronger than regular ones. Lucky me.

"Mmm…" he inhaled, "I love the scent of young female blood. Better yet, I love the young females."

I'm going to die.

By the hands of a vampire, one of the most feared race of evil ones. Even if I couldn't hurt it. I'm not going down without a fight.

I squared myself, and punched him in the face.

His face showed shock mingled with humor and amusement.

"You're going to do better than that sweet heart, if you want to hurt a vampire."

I kicked him between the legs, following a hooked punch to the jaw and my elbow to his ribs.

I think I hit a soft spot when I kicked him between the legs. He roughly grabbed my arm and chucked me onto the floor and I heard something in my body crack. Perfect.

He lazily strode over to where I was, crouching down next to me.

"You know what? I wouldn't mind changing you… How bout it? It's better than dieing. And, you've proven yourself to be strong enough. Especially with that kick…" He winced.

"Go to hell."

He sleazily grinned. "Care to join me?"

"Fuck you."

"I like you, you know. You're very interesting, you sorta remind me of me." He mused

That was slightly disturbing. I just continued to glare at him.

"I love your scent. Yours is absolutely mouth watering. Literally." He leaned closer to me, his eyes on my neck.

My throat constricted. I needed to think of an escape plan, like, now.

Dear God,

I know I haven't been really loyal to you, but could you please use your almighty power to banish this creature to hell?

Oh, and while you're at it, I don't think a vampire would have much use of his limbs in hell.

Amen.

The vampire infront of me leaned closer.

I was panicking. This…thing, is going to make me into one of them.

I wriggled and squirmed under the weight of him. "Hold still." The vampire chuckled. "Wriggling won't do you any good."

Then, a flaming arrow flew straight into his arm.