Today I met an asshole, named Drake

He hissed and drew back immediately, turning to his attackers, wiping the flaming arrrow from his arm. The sudden change was startling. He reminded me of a savage beast. Which he was.

There, standing a fair distance away, was my father with a few men.

Thank you god.

"Get away from her!" roared my father, furious.

The vampire smirked, "Which one?"

"Both!"

"No can do, sir. I'm feeling a little thirsty." He shrugged, his animalic demeanor returning to the snarky one. I liked the animalic one better. "This girl really is something. Does she have any sisters I could be notified about?"

"Quiet You creature! Prepare to be destroyed." Cried my father, enraged.

"I have a name, you know. It's Drake." 'Drake' said.

"It's great you have a name and all, but can you get on with it?" I was impatient. If I was going to die, I wanted it to hurry up and happen.

But, before Drake could Retort back, another, breathlessly beautiful vampire stood next to him.

"Pyyrah?" Drake said to the female vampire standing next to him. "I'm in the middle of som-."

"Fury wants to talk to you."

Drake groaned. "I'm a bit busy rig-."

"Now."

"Alright, alright. I'm going, I'm going." He said, sheepishly.

While he was distracted, I slowly crawled away from him.

"Till next time." Pyyrah nodded at us, departing along with Drake.

My father rushed to me. "Val! Are you alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine." I muttered, straining to break his grip.

Reon.

I crawled over to the spot where Reon had crashed, only to find him gone.

Where is he? Where is he?

"Where's Re?"

My father avoided my gaze.

"Where is Reon."

"He's gone."