Chapter Six

Veronica's POV

Tommy leans over me and whispers "Hey sis I think they're looking at you".

I follow his gaze. I first saw some guys at the open-bar (the same bar I was yesterday) wearing the resort uniform staring at us then I notice Alex' hair and suddenly met his gaze.

I wave my hands to them. The guy beside him waved back but he didn't, he just turns around and walks away.

Now, what's his problem?

"Why are you waving at them?" Tommy asks.

I look at him and smiled "because I know one of them"

"How?"

"I met them the day we got here"

He nods his head and then he proceeded to building his sandcastle.

I turn back to the bar to see if they were still there but nothing but a bunch of bikini girls hanging around.

No sign of Alex anywhere. Hmmm. I knew it.

Why am I expecting something else anyway? I just met the guy. But he's really good-looking.

Tommy and I stayed at the beach playing with the sand and swimming around for two hours more before we decided to go back. It was already five-thirty in the afternoon and there's still a lot of people playing and swimming in the beach.

As we got closer to the house, we can already hear laughter coming from the inside. Tommy and I stopped for a second and then he ran inside the house, I ran after him. The slam of the door echoed the entire house.

I was never warn about the sight I'm about to see, my dad's arm wrapped around 'that woman's' waist, both of them laughing at what grandma is saying.

"Dad!" Tommy yelled and ran toward them.

That woman turn at us and our eyes met. I don't know what happen what it looked like she was staring longing at me, then her eyes shifted to Tommy coming her close and gave him a hug.

"Hey, you guy are back early. What did you do?" asks dad. His arms still wrapped around her. Why is that? She left us.

"Look! We found this" Tommy lifts the dried starfish we caught a while ago and dried it under the sun. I know, we shouldn't like kill it but we kind of wanted to see if it'll really dry...Is that make sense? Well, let just say curiosity kick in.

"Oh my! Why did you bring it here?" Grandma stood up and walks to the kitchen. She smiles at me a long her way. "Take a sit, Ron" she offered the seat she just seated.

"Thanks" I mutter and took a sit. But the moment I sat there, I wanted to stand up so bad. 'That woman' is in front of me.

Not 'in front' of me I guess because there's a square coffee table between us but still... her eyes are still looking at me, as if she's waiting for me to do something.

What does she want me to do? Talk to her after she left us? Uh? Over my dead and gorgeous body!

Dad shifted from his seat looking uncomfortable. Yeah dad we need to talk later! "So, Ron what else happened?"

I boredly stare at him but before I could give him an answer Tommy caught me into it "She met some friends dad!"

I gasp no way! Dad eyed me curiously. He never trusts me choosing my friends. Well, I guess no father does if their daughter chooses a drug addicts as friends. "Really? Who are they Tommy?"

Tommy shrugs "I don't know but they're guys"

"Tommy!" I hissed. Dad stopped me with his famous warning look as if saying he needs to talk to me. I exhaled to calm myself down. Yes, we both really need to talk privately.