chapter four

VERONICA'S P.O.V

"Can I have pancakes, grandma?" Tommy sweetly asks.

"Yes, of course!" grandma answered and patted his head softly.

"But not too much, okay?" that woman states.

I grimaces.

We are at the resort's open-restaurant. Like the one I went on yesterday, the open-bar, but different. This one is a lot more bigger and it literally looks like a restaurant or a big cafe.

I looked around. I saw this restaurant yesterday...... yesterday, ah! I remember what happened yesterday. I sigh and shook my head.

"Why the long face, Ron?" asks dad while sitting.

"Nothing" and then I took out my phone at the back of my blue faded jeans pocket.

"Grandma, I'm hungry" Tommy whines.

"May I take you're orders ma'am?"

"Oh, there you are, Alex" her grandma said excitedly. 

The voice sounded familiar so she looked up the waiter and god! I couldn't believe my eyes, it was the guy I met yesterday! 

He was not looking at me but he was busy talking to her grandma, so I hurriedly looked down into my phone while trying to cover my face with some of my hair.

"What the hell" I muttered.

"Alex, I'll have the usual" said that woman.

"Alex?" I muttered again. So that's he's name huh? I knew he has a hot name too.

"I'll have pancakes!" that was Tommy beamed.

Then, I heard grandma said "yes Tommy, you'll have pancakes... how about you, veronica?"

Shit! "I'll have pancakes too" I said, still looking down my phone and trying hard covering my face, I can feel that he's looking at me now.

"Veronica, don't be rude, look at your grandma" her dad said in a serious fatherly tone.

"No"

"Ron"

"I'm busy, dad"

"What's the matter? Are you texting? Stop that" her dad said with a serious tone -even more serious than his fatherly tone a while ago- and that means business, he's irritated, please can I die now?

"Ron"

I sigh and raise my head I looked at my dad, he has a confuse look in his face and I looked at grandma and that woman, they also had that look while Tommy is busy reading the menu