chapter three

VERONICA'S P.O.V

"Drat that perfect good-looking jerk! Grr!" I hissed while walking back to my grandmother's house

"he was obviously flirting with me, I know he was. Dammit, he was so good-looking! I thought it was a good catch because he's nice, he's a gentleman and he's cute and those deep eyes that make me so....Argh! I almost fell for him. And these..." 

I looked at my hands

"...are sweating too! I was freaking out! I was such dork!" 

and then I stopped 

"was he thinking I was into him? Well, maybe I was, but, oh my god"

I walk again 

"if I had known he had a girlfriend, I should have avoided him" 

I nodded

"that's right"

then I smiled 

"I didn't know that he had a girlfriend, so I guess, oh men! I'm crazy" I sigh.

I was at the porch when I heard laughter coming from inside the house. I went in and went into the kitchen and I saw my grandma and 'that woman' making dinner and I can see my dad and my little brother from the window they're outside playing or something.

"There you are" my grandma said

I just smiled and glance at 'that woman' who is busy making salad. I don't know why but I kind of have this feeling that I can't wait to taste that salad. 

I sigh. What am I thinking? I am supposed to hate this woman.

"Did you saw the resort?" grandma asked

I nodded

"How was it?" she asked excitedly "did you meet someone?"

I shrugged and sat at a high chair and faced the bar "yeah, it's good, it's okay" as if I'm going to tell her what really happened a while ago.

And then, she smiled

"So grams, what's dad and Tommy doing?" I curiously asked while pointing outside the window

"They're setting up the grill" she said "we're having dinner outside"

I stood up and went into the window and saw my dad reading something on a paper probably the instructions on how to set the grill while Tommy, on the other hand, is trying to set the parts.

"What's wrong with the grill?" I asked and then glance at grandma.

"That's dad's grill, it's old, that's why his-"that woman answered instead

"Oh! I'm not asking you" I said "so don't bother answering my questions" I fake smile "hmm? Okay?"  And then I stepped out the door.