Chapter 11 (Edited)

The morning of Chapter 10

The feeling of something poking her face wakes her from her sleep. She opens her eyes to see Claude sitting on her chest, panting. His thin snake tongue laps out of his mouth and licks his eye. Lily-Kathryn smiles, reaching her hand out and scratching his spiny head. He holds out his two front arms to her, making grabby hands. Sitting up, she curls him against her chest, swinging her feet off the bed. As her feet touch the freezing stone floor, she recoils, jumping back onto the bed. Her eye then catches sight of a stack of brightly colored boxes. Remembering what day it is, she bolts out of her dorm, regardless of the cold floor, and sets Claude down along the way. She runs down the girl's staircase, up the boy's staircase, and into Draco's dorm.

She runs over to his bed and throws open the bed's canopy curtains leaping onto Draco's sleeping form. He awakens with a startled shout. Looking up, he sees a very excited Kathy hovering over him. "Draco, get up! It's Christmas!" She begins shaking Draco's arms.

"Lily," He whines. "It's too early go back to sleep. We'll do presents later." He tries to roll over and go back to sleep, but Lily is not having it. She sits on his side and shakes his shoulder until Draco has had enough. He rolls over, sits up, grabs Lily-Kathryn into his arms, and rolls back over, dragging her down with him. She shrieks in surprise and tries her best to wiggle her way to freedom but eventually grows tired. Draco has the strength of a quidditch player and has no issue holding the struggling eleven-year-old. She eventually tires herself out and closes her eyes. Maybe I will sleep a little more. Then I'll go, give Harry his Christmas present.