Lesson 30-Stormy Night [Fluff]

Lesson 30-19

It started to rain all of a sudden, just when you and the brothers made their way back to the House of Lamentation. However everybody got wet due it was basically a storm, and it was worse than it used to be in the Human World.

Asmo almost cried, looking at himself being all wet, it was such a great excuse for him to have a warm bath. Beel was hungry and Belphie sleepy, just like usual. Leviathan was wasted, so Satan helped him to his room. And Mammon? Probably a bit scared of the storm, but who knows. After everybody left, you wanted to go to your room to get some rest, but some relaxing faint music hit your ear. You followed the melody, and reached the music room, where you found Lucifer at the player, changing the vinyl record. The needle barely touched its surface, but another wonderful melody started to fill the room.

-...Ah, it's you...-He looked at you with a clearly tired face, but he was quite happy to see you. -Did you just get back now? Come to think of it, I did hear quite a bit of noise coming from the entrance hall...

He smiled, but finishing his sentence, he immediately frowned, avoiding eye contact. You were worried, and stepped closer to him, to put your hand on his shoulder, gently rubbing it.

-Feeling worn out?

-Is that how it looks to you? -He almost flinched, surprised, but then leaned in your careful touch and chuckled. -...Pff. Don't give me that worried look. This is only a feeling I have, and nothing more, but... I get the sense that something is happening that I'm not aware of... Something bad.

Lucifer frowned, looking in another direction. He held his head and closed his eyes, explaining to you what had been bothering him lately. Diavolo seemed to conceal something important from him, and he didn't feel it right, like something dangerous was about to come. He suddenly stopped and even he wasn't aware of what he was talking about anymore.

-...You remember the play we put on for the school festival, right? My character...the prince...was forced to make a difficult decision. He had to decide whether to fulfill his royal duty by marrying the princess, or to throw everything away in the name of love... Say, if you were in the prince's shoes, what would you have done? -He looked deeply in your eyes to find any answer to his question desperately.

He was confused and seemed lonely, and you wanted nothing, but to be able to help him. However, when you were about to open your mouth, he interrupted you, by cupping your cheeks and stroking your lips with his thumb. He put on his usual smirk, making you blush as the classical music reached a nice, calming part.

-Actually... Never mind. I've said more than I should. -He changed his expression into an innocent one, and chuckled, stroking your jaw and letting your face go.

You pouted at his actions, missing his warm hand, but when he smiled at you, your cheeks warmed up by themselves. -I'm just tired, that's all. Forget what I said.

You couldn't help, and grabbed his face, surprising him with kissing his lips without any warning. He looked at you with wide eyes, and turned away with his eyes closed, like a child.

-...You know, it's strange. Just being near you makes me feel at ease, in the same way that listening to music does. -Lucifer suddenly brought you into a warm hug, almost purring into your ear. -I want you at my side tonight. Would you do that for me? Stay here with me just like this, until morning...

You couldn't see, but you felt how happy he was, especially his rapid heartbeat told you the truth. At this moment of silence, when the record suddenly stopped, you heard outside the window the terrible storm raging. It was getting worse and worse, and you wrapped your arms around the demon, who was hugging you tightly. Burying your head into his coat, you tried to surpass the feeling which started to grow in you. But someone had sharper eyes than that.