Chapter 1- The Pull Over

Trailer on the side!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This car sped past me, so I took off, turning on my sirens and lights.

Once the car pulled over, I got out and wrote a ticket.

"May I please see your drivers license, sir?" I asked looking up and handing him the ticket.

"Yeah, sure cutie." The boy slurred. Yep, he was drunk.

"Ok, thank you." I said taking the card back to my car to check things out.

A couple minutes later, I returned to the car. "Ok, please step out of the car for me, sir."

"Anything for you." He smiled.

He took the BAC (Blood Alcohol Content) test, and he was over the limit.

"Ok, you're under arrest for drunk driving and speeding." I told the boy, putting handcuffs on.

I placed him in the backseat and drove off. I looked at my clock, '10:00'. My shift had just started.

"Hey dad." I said dragging the drunk boy inside the police station.

"Why are you doing this? Couldn't you just let me off with a warning, sweet cheeks?" The boy asked.

"Shutup." I said giving him to my dad.

"Hey sweetie, I'll take him from here. What is he charged for?" My dad asked, taking the boy from me.

"DWI and speeding." I replied.

"Good job." My dad replied.

"Thanks." I said.

I returned to my car and waited for my next call.

I hadn't had a very busy night, which was good.

------------

8 hours later, 6:00 a.m.

"So, he's still here?" I asked my dad

"Yeah, but here are his parents." He replied.

"Hey, Yaser, Patricia! How are you guys?" My father asked the people coming our way.

"Hi! David, we are good!" Yaser said.

"You know them?" I whispered to my dad and he nodded his head.

"Well, here he is." My father said as I unlocked the holding cell that contained the boy.

"My daughter arrested him for DWI and speeding." My dad said as I let go of the boy and he stood beside his parents.

"Brylin! Look at you! Last time we saw you, you were crawling in diapers!" Patricia said hugging me.

"Working with your dad, are you?" Yaser asked.

"Yes, but I'm working on my own, I don't have a partner." I said.

"Hold old are you?" Patricia asked me.

"18." I replied.

"Oh, I thought you were in your late 20's." The boy said.

"Nope." I said popping 'p'.

"At the rate you were going, if I didn't stop you, you probably would have crashed." I said as he nodded.

We finished talking to the parents and discharged the boy.

Me and my dad got into our police cars a little while later and drove home.

Here I was, Brylin Taylor. My dad has been a police officer since he was 26. he eventually became police chief and got a police dog. I grew up around The Police station and all of the police tactics. At the beginning of 8th grade, they told me that I was so smart that I got to skip that grade. When I was in high school, and I was 16, I went through police training, and everybody thought it was really cool. I went to college to be a police officer and here I am. A fully trained, independent, smart Police Officer, at age 18. I was pretty popular in high school, I was a cheerleader and played volleyball. I was never one of those preppy, rude girls. Yeah, my family is filthy rich, but I was definitely not a snob. Now, today, I am pulling over and arresting quite a few students that I went to school with.

I worked for 8 hours, Monday through Saturday, from 10 at night to 6 in the morning.

I got to bring my cop car home everyday. I had a personal car, a Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0, but I only use it on the weekends.