November 5, 2014

I was at work, probably during lunchtime? A workmate of mine told me I had a visitor, I wondered if Chen Yu was not busy today that he brought me lunch himself? So I quickly went to the front desk to greet him with a hug. What surprised me was that it wasn't my husband looking for me, but his mother.

I expected this, of course they won't let me dally with their child for eternity and knew they'd need to take actions before Chen Yu starts rebelling. All I hoped for was for our talk to not end up with her offering me money to stay away from my husband because he'd definitely not show himself in front of me for a few weeks out of embarrassment if he knows of this.

Anyway, we went to have tea in a nearby restaurant. At first the air was completely gloomy, fully corrupted by the judging aura Mrs.Chen was throwing at me, I tried to lessen the tension for a bit until she got straight to the point.

She told me all she wanted was the best for Chen Yu and knew that he'd only be humiliated if he ends up with me, even showed me crocodile tears thinking I'd fall for it... Ma'am, I've been a registered doctor for three years now and I have met all kinds of people, fooling me isn't that easy.

She told me a bunch of things about how Chen Yu's cousins were bla bla bla up until the story of how he graduated police academy late and I listened to it all calmly, I realized that oh, Chen Yu's mom wasn't the terrifying lady I thought she was? Although she is wrong at some point, I can feel how much she cares for my husband and I appreciate it.

I ended up telling her that I won't break up with Chen Yu as long as he decides on it himself, told her that currently, Chen Yu takes fancy on me and cherishes me completely, it's up to him if that perspective changes in the future or not, all I know is that neither of us can force him into anything because that's how he was—he won't give up on something he's already set his mind on.