Sep 30, 2015

Hi, Diary.

It's been a long time. I forgot about you for a short while.

My life wasn't too flavorful, but it isn't as boring as I thought it would be. My little princess made my boring days way better, I can't express how thankful I am to her in words, so I could only write this for me to remember and treasure for a lifetime.

I never thought of having a child, let alone adopting one, but my view has completely changed only after a few months with Yue'er. Having a child is good, parenting made me feel things I've never worried about in the past, I was distressed about her belongings for a while because I had no idea what girls like, I didn't know her shoe size nor do I know her favorite things, I didn't know how to communicate with her because I wasn't particularly good with kids, but I knew we were deeply connected right after I stare at those innocent eyes.

Now that I know her better, I feel like I fulfilled my job as a parent.

Her favorite color is purple, her shoe size is 37, she loves sweets and salty things, she hates red, not a fan of chili, and she's obsessed with this celebrity called Xiao Zhan and often praised me for looking a lot like him.

The other day, her test results came out. Even I couldn't believe that she could rank first in her whole grade, she told me that this one particular essay she wrote was favored by her teacher and was the only one who received full marks.