Comfort (NARRATIVE)

A/N : I decided to add a few narrative chapters because I feel like there are a few scenes Gu Wei wouldn't have written by his own, please be aware that I am a rookie at this kind of texts so please be nice to me.

When Chen Yu arrived at Gu Wei's office, he was greeted with his lover silently crying on his seat, his head hung low. This type of scenes weren't new to him, but it always made him dead worried.

"Baby." He uttered gently. "Would you want to tell me what happened?" Gu Wei's anxiety attacks increased over the last few weeks so Chen Yu always makes sure to be with him as much as he can. Although he's no professional in this type of situations, he hopes that the other can get comfortable enough to tell him his worries.

"Chen Yu." Gu Wei raised his head, wiping off the tears that flowed on his face.

When the other stood up, it was Chen Yu who initiated a hug, patting Gu Wei's back in a soothing manner. "Are you hungry? Would you want to pick up Yue'er with me?" If Gu Wei doesn't tell him what happened, it's fine, he totally understands him, he just wants the other to feel that there's someone who's willing to listen to him if he ever needs to vent his problems. All Chen Yu knows is that he never wants his lover to look down on himself.

"Husband, I killed my mentor. I wasn't able to cure him. He died because of the operation." Gu Wei hugged back right before Chen Yu left his grasps, he held him tight and sobbed on his arms.

"Oh baby." Chen Yu was left tongue tied, giving the other a forehead kiss.

He was thinking if words could help Gu Wei with the current situation or not, he didn't want the other to hear words from his mouth that might make him uncomfortable.

He knew Gu Wei's mentor, Mr.Zhen. Gu Wei boasts about him a lot whenever they talk about work, he personally trained Gu Wei to become a surgeon and is also a part of the reason why Gu Wei pursued his doctoral degree. He knew how much he meant to Gu Wei and how terrified Gu Wei must be right now.

"Even the best doctor can make mistakes. It was Zhen laoshi who told you that didn't he?" Chen Yu caressed his head. "I might not know him as well as you do but one thing is for sure—He will never blame you for this."