Chapter 5: My Mind Feels like a Foreign Land...

I felt it the very moment I woke up in that bus. My mind was clouded and nothing made sense. Then appeared Leo in my vision.

The elf was the one what proved his life was much more fucked up than mine. In Camp Half Blood, I felt like I was in an enemy's camp. Leo was the one who made the camp seem like home.

Leo is ridiculously smart, though he doesn't show his smartness. He never shows his weaknesses. It breaks him but he never realizes that it breaks me too to see him hurt.

We were prepared for the mission. Fighting alongside dad had to be one of the moments in my life when I was most proud of myself. But after we returned to the camp, everything changed.

Leo, Leo fucking Valdez, blew up along with the Argo II to kill Gaea. Reason? The stupid prophecy mentioned, 'To storm or fire, the earth must fall'. And my stupid boyfr... no friend decided it was cool to die in order to save me.

I stood in front of the fiery orange shroud but left before they burnt it on fire. I cod never get used to it. Leo never deserved to die. Nyssa gave me a letter and said that he had left it, neatly folded under his bed in Bunker Nine. It had my name written in capital over the envelope. But I don't have the courage to open it yet.

It's funny right? The great son of Jupiter doesn't have enough courage to open a mere letter. But I am love with Valdez and love does stupid things to you.

After a year, I finally grew enough balls to look at the letter without breaking down to tears. It was that fateful night when I opened it, sitting on the roof of my cabin. Inside the letter, in Leo's chicken scrawl handwriting was his declaration of love. That fool, he thought I would move on if he never made any advances. Why did everyone take decisions for me! Why am I not allowed to have my own choices!

Hera had given me fake memories. But my mind never felt foreign. I always had my intuitions with me. But now, as I am sitting on the roof of my cabin, Leo's letter clutched to my heart in this deafening silence, my mind feels like a foreign land, because my heart yearns for the thing it cannot have – Leo's warmth.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Sorry for the delay. I had a writer's block for this one. And my exams are going on too. I needed a respite and bam! The idea suddenly appeared like a genie.

For the next chapter which couple do you want to see?
1. Apollo/Percy.
2. Leo/Jason.

Please comment. Votes are equivalent to love.

Have a nice day.