A Reunion In Inazuma

"Why the sudden interest?"

"Only wishing to know what places to avoid."

Scaramouche lay awake on his bed, eyes boring into the cloth above him while overanalyzing Childes words from earlier.

With the skeptical look that had crossed his features as well as his playful tone, Scaramouche was unsure of how much Childe really knew.

Does he know Y/n's in Inazuma? Scaramouche questioned in his head.

Whether Childe knew or not, he'd need to get to her before he did.

But of course, Childe oh so coincidentally had to be relocated to Inazuma, which was a major setback. There was absolutely no way Scaramouche would be able to get to her in time.

If what Childe said was true, it was only natural that he'd be sent a letter of relocation as well. Especially seeing as he was native to Inazuma. His presence would be more beneficial than not.

It'd be nothing more than a waiting game. And contrary to usual, Scaramouche didn't have the patience.

However, he'd have to oblige and simply contain himself. He'd have to hope that Childe wouldn't run into her with the head start he receives.

Scaramouche rolled onto his side, shutting his eyes and scooting an arm under the pillow below his head, his mind racing with questions and concerns.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------2 Days later--------------------------------------------------------

"Thoma where did you put all the dirty towels? I can go do the laundry real fast since we seem to be running low," I asked.

Thoma whipped around to face me with gleaming eyes. "I put the dirty towels in that basket," he gestured to a basket on my right energetically.

I drew out a tired "thanks" before dragging myself over to the basket of towels.

This week had been exhausting. From the crazy, smitten customers to the everyday chores, I was having a hard time keeping up. I couldn't imagine how difficult it had been for Thoma and Ayaka before I came along.

Right now, all I wanted to do was kick my feet up and soak in the sun with a drink in hand. Though, I'd have to save that wish for another day.

Wednesdays are usually the busiest days of the week for us (aka tomorrow), so it was a good idea to get caught up on all of the chores to make the following day easier for all of us.

"I admire your work ethic, but you can take a break. Today's our only day off after all," Thoma chuckled, eyeing me brightly.

My mouth opened into a large yawn. "Yeah, but I'd rather get a head start for tomorrow. You know what the lunch rush is like," I breathed a laugh, picking up the wooden basket from the ground.

"I do," Thoma agreed, waltzing over to me. "But I also know you need a break," he sympathized, taking the basket from my hands and placing it back in its original spot. "Why don't we take a stroll instead?"

The offer sounded nice. And while I usually preferred getting ahead for the next day's work, my body was dragging in the worst way possible, completely overworked with exhaustion and ready to sleep for the next few years.

It would be good for me to get a breath of fresh air, see the city and get a little sunshine.

I hadn't spent all that much time with Thoma as of late, even though we work together. It was a hectic schedule and we made it work, but it didn't allow for trivial conversations like "how's your day?" or "wanna drop by the food stands after this?"