• 35. Revenge •

I never imagined myself in this position.

The position of laying in a hospital's bed with major injuries. But I would never wish this on myself. I was never that clumsy to give in and end up like this. Yet, I did. I couldn't help but falling down. I just couldn't move on. I was a little seed towards a giant of a man.

"Lucy ?", called a voice. My eyes were still shut but I knew exactly who it was. "God, look what they did to you", I heard her voice. I opened my eyes slowly, my vision better now. "I'm fine", I whispered to her. "No, you're not. Do you know how much damage they did ?", Ru said with tears in her eyes. She sat down next to me on the bed.

Of course, I wasn't in a real hospital bed. But it did feel like one. I was in my bed, still at Ru's place. There were millions of pills and lots of bandages. Which gave me the idea of how it might feel. And to be honest, it was boring and uninteresting.

"I'm just glad you came out alright", Ru's voice lingered in the air. It's been two weeks since the fight. I wasn't awake the first week and a half and I only woke up two days ago. But Ru hasn't seen me in the last two weeks because of her business trip. At least she was here now.

A few teardrops flew doing her cheeks. "Don't you ever scare me like that again !", she told me as she leaned in for a hug. "I won't. I promise", I said smiling lightly. She truly cared. "What did the doctor say was wrong ?".
"I had a lot of bruising but I didn't really see them since I was concise. But right now, I only have a sore jaw and rib. My rib was near to breaking. At least Simon stopped early enough", I mumbled softly.
"And Elijah ?".

Elijah hasn't visited me since all of this happened. Aliciana took care of me. She also told me that Colon visited a few times. But I hadn't seen him since I woke up. Which tore me apart. I hadn't seen one of them yet.

But I didn't want to scare Rochelle off.

"What about him ?", I asked her. "Had he visited yet ?", she asked strictly. "Y-Yes", I answered with a lie. "Oh. But only him right ? Did Colon come ?", she added. "No", I murmured as I fixed my pillow. "I would think he would not", she looked away.

I gave her frowned brows. "Wait, why so ?", I asked. She took my hand and kissed it. "You should ask him yourself. He feels guilty for what happened", she mumbled with true sadness in her voice. "Please", I started slow, "let me see him".
"He's not here. He is currently with Elijah. Finishing some last minute work".
"Oh", I said lowly. "Can you help me get dressed ?", I asked her, standing up slowly. "Sure. Where are you going ?", she whispered.

"I am going to the airport", I told her. She shook her head. "No, no ! Definitely not !", she demanded. "Is it because I am injured ?", I asked her.
"Yes, Lucy your supposed to be in bed, resting".
"I've had enough resting for a week and a half, thank you".
"Please, just do it for your own healthcare".
"Look, Ru. I appreciate the help and how worried you are for me, but I cannot stay in that bed forever, alright ?".
"Lucy, just listen this once-"
"I promised to visit my family and they are already worried sick what had happened to me, and they cannot afford airplane tickets nor a hotel. So please Ru, I cannot go another day without their knowing I am home and safe".

She gave a little sigh. "Promise me you'll at least stay safe and take all your medications ?", Ru said as if I was a little girl that doesn't want to listen. "Yes, of course", I assured her. She then nodded. "Alright. But I'm coming with you", she added.

"What ? You're flying to London with me ?", I asked strictly. "I'm not letting you out of my sight", she said as she grabbed my traveling bag. "What about the twins ?".
"What about them ?", she asked.
"Aren't you supposed to stay here with them ?".
"No".

I think she could tell the sadness in my eyes when she said, "Lu. I don't know what happened between you and the twins. But I know they are both in love with you, whether you like it or not. Not both of them will have you. You have to choose". She swept her blonde hair to the side and started packing my suitcase. "How ? How do I simply choose between them ?", I felt like crying. Pouring my heart out at once. But I would never bring this on anyone. Choosing between lovers. She touched my shoulder lightly.
"I know it's not easy, trust me, I have been there. But out of all the things I have experienced, I would tell you to wait. Wait and choose carefully. Only one of them loves you unconditionally and it's your time to see it. You know, I chose the wrong guy out of rush. And I don't want you to choose out of rush, either", she told me gently. This was the first time she has ever opened up towards me, which felt unbelievably good.