Part 1

„Are you excited? " he asked, looking over to her in the passenger's seat. "Very excited.  I can't wait to spend 48 uninterrupted hours with you." She said, smiling at him. "Me too." He said, smiling back, before turning his gaze back to the road as they were now driving through a forest.

"We're here." He said as they pulled up into the driveway of a small wooden cabin, right next to a river. It was breathtakingly beautiful. There were wildflowers all around the house, a light chain was wrapped around the fence at the stairs to the front door and the sun that was just about to set was shining through the trees, making the whole place shine in a golden light.

"Wow." Meredith said in awe as they got out of the car. "I didn't promise too much did I?" he asked amused as he walked around the car and took her hand in his. "No, you didn't" Meredith replied, still looking around, trying to take in as much of the beauty of this special place as possible.

Hand in hand they walked towards the front door and Nick pulled out a key, opening it for her. Meredith walked in first, looking around the room. They were standing in an open living room, a couch was placed in the middle of the room, a fireplace next to the window-doors that led into the garden. The kitchen was to their left, everything was built in a wooden style and everything was decorated with candles and pillows. It was beautiful.

"It's beautiful." She said, turning around to see Nick standing right next to her, observing her as she took in the room. "I'm glad you like it. Let me show you the garden." He said, taking her hand again as they crossed the living room and he opened the back door.

They were now standing on a terrasse, a small garden in front of them. Behind the garden flew the little river over which there was a wooden bridge that was also decorated with a lighting chain.

Everything was still shimming in a golden shine as she couldn't take her eyes off this beautiful place of nature in the middle of a forest in Minnesota. She felt his arms around her midsection as he embraced her from behind. She leaned back against him, enjoying this rare moment of silence.

"Thank you for taking me here." She whispered, closing her eyes, and taking a deep breath. "I really needed a vacation." She added, feeling his warm breath tickle her neck.

"There's no one else I'd rather bring here." He said, pressing a soft kiss into her hair, making her smile brightly. 

TO BE CONTINUED...

Tell me what you think? =)