Ch 13 Stages are being set

Despite Hiruzens summoning, Sasuke wasn't spotted in the village for two weeks at all

Despite Hiruzens summoning, Sasuke wasn't spotted in the village for two weeks at all. However there was no record of him leaving the gates which made the kage more concerned. Even team 7 was getting worried. In fact, Minato had even tried interrogating the Hokage about the jounins whereabout.

"That boy, he knows that many are suspicious of him yet he pulls a stunt like this." Hiruzen cursed.

To his delight and frustration, after another three days, the Uchiha had shown up for team reports.

"Sasuke-san please be more punctual." Hiruzen couldn't help but be petty as Sasuke awkwardly smiled while every other jounin in the room turned to look at him.

Shikaku snickered at the interaction as the whole attendance became a bit awkward, Hiruzen didn't care though, that's the least the Uchiha has to put up to when he gave the Kage so much stress for 2 weeks. "Back to the report, let's continue team 8...."

.

"What were you doing" Hiruzen finally asked after dismissing everyone other than Sasuke.

"It seems there are some... miscalculations," Sasuke replied with a bit of reluctance

"that would be?" The Kage trailed off, waiting for the Uchiha to continue.

"Black Zetsu might be aware of me " Sasuke sighed.

There was a long silence after the statement and Hiruzen tried to be as positive as the situation let him, "As in he only saw tracks of your investigation?"

"It's that same Black Zetsu as my time." the sentence directly crushed any sense of hope.

"Sasuke thats-"

"Save me the worry, it seems that Black Zetsu is not aware of me or how he got here, not that I'm sure myself. For now, I will have to stay low."

"A mission to destroy the Kannabi bridge has been submitted. The T&I wants it to be destroyed to stop the food supply of the Iwa." Hiruzen told, as there was no need to delay the news.

"This soon?" Sasuke's eyes furrowed "The team has yet to be promoted."

"It's safe to say the future has already started to shift." Hiruzen sighed

Cursing under his breath Sasuke banged his head to think, "Keep the mission aside for team 7, I'll let you know when they r ready." Sasuke instructed Hiruzen.

"I will have Minato know that your assigned solo missions for the time being." Hanging with team Minato wouldn't be a good choice. Sooner or later black Zetsu will monitor Obito more seriously and if Sasuke is found, then the element of surprise will be gone.

Sasuke nodded, "Get them elected for Chunin exam nexts year."

Hiruzens nodded in response and like that he was dismissed.