💗𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭: 𝖭𝗈𝗍 𝖳𝗁𝖾 𝖡𝖾𝗌𝗍 𝖥𝖾𝖾𝗅𝗂𝗇𝗀💗

☆• · · ┈┈┈┈┈ ·❀· ┈┈┈┈┈ · · •☆
💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗
💗 𝐒𝐄𝐓 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 💗
💗𝟭𝟵𝟴𝟵/𝟭𝟵𝟵𝟬💗
💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗💗
☆• · · ┈┈┈┈┈ ·❀· ┈┈┈┈┈ · · •☆

A thin veil of sadness seemed to fall between you and your reflection in the full-length mirror - even though the naked eye could clearly determine that there was nothing there.

The image of yourself was clear, but your sullen emotions clouded that vision, allowing you to see nothing but the shadow of the person you once were.

As you absentmindedly brushed some of your hair away from your face, you leaned forward to examine your features at a closer range, rather disappointed that you looked anything but alive.

In spite of your dissatisfaction with the lifeless face staring back at you, you continued to neaten up, knowing that you had to get on with your morning.

It might only have been seven in the morning, but for the sort of lifestyle you led, you were practically running late if you hadn't left the house by that time.

However, your concentration was once again derailed as you caught sight of your wedding ring in the reflection of your hand, causing your movements to slow to a stop.

Whilst any other spouse would have broken into a fond smile at the sight of their wedding ring, your expression only fell further - for it was a reminder of what you no longer had within your grasp.

You were married, and had been married for three years, but you'd been in love for far longer than that.

Ten years prior to current moment was the day you'd first met the young man that would eventually become your husband - and it just so happened to be a very happy coincidence that saying you'd met Michael Jackson, on that fateful day, meant the exact same thing.

Or it least it had been a happy coincidence that Michael Jackson was also the great love of your life, because nowadays, it felt like everything but a joyful stroke of luck.

The majority of your friendship, and subsequent romance, had been spent in the best of spirits - the two of you bonding over anything and everything. Whenever the two of you were together, there was always something to look forward to, something to achieve, and something to smile about.

Your relationship had commenced as a lively friendship, managing to stay intact despite the fact that he was the international sensation that he was - a show of resilience that would lay the foundation for the development of your romantic relationship.

Everything was as perfect as it could have gotten, even with the extensive media attention that had gradually become a part of your life as well - all until roughly a year prior to the present moment.

A year ago, the dynamic in your relationship had begun to shift, and whilst it should have been easy to have identified something that could have aided in keeping your marriage strong, the discord had been far too encompassing.

The biggest strain on your marriage was the demanding nature of his work - but you'd known that when you decided to commit to him, so it wasn't necessarily that notion itself that had caused the disconnect between the two of you. Rather, it was the sacrifices that the other aspects of your life were required to bear that greatly contributed to the unpleasant state of your marriage now.

Late work nights had turned into nights without Michael's return home, sometimes lasting for as long as a week before you'd see him again; casual disagreements had turned into explosive fights that occurred much too often, and sporadic moments of disappointment had morphed into a constant state of despondency.