💗𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟵: 𝖬𝖺𝗍𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝖮𝖿 𝖳𝗂𝗆𝖾💗

As you were ushered into the hospital building, masses of distraught fans crowded around you, but all you could do was keep your head down as the tears continuously streamed down your face.

You hadn't stopped crying since Christian had called to inform you of your husband's passing, and even though it was now news that had been made known to the public, you still hadn't been able to register it.

You knew that he was gone, but your heart was in so much agony that it didn't want to believe that it had been disconnected from the only rhythm it had known for thirty two years.

The bodyguards that shielded you from the crowds were all security staff members from the Neverland Ranch, who had come to you to offer their services in order for you to see your husband at the hospital that he was taken to.

Even though you didn't know any of the new security staff, there was something so familiar about the people that were connected to Michael - and it made you feel safe, even in the midst of your inconsolable grief.

Cameras were on you again, and people were flocking to see you after twenty two years of laying low - but that didn't matter to you anymore.

Nothing mattered to you, now that Michael was gone.

There was nothing left - nothing but the emptiness and sorrow of losing the only man you had ever loved.

On the way to the hospital, you had been informed that Michael had been depending on a cocktail of medications to help him sleep at night, and that a fatal overdose had triggered his cardiac arrest - and it only broke you down further.

Everything was a blur, and the only thing that kept you shielded from the clamour of the public's shock were the bodyguards that surrounded you - protecting you as if they'd known you for the longest time.

Once you were inside the building, the sounds of the sorrowful crowds grew more muffled, calming you down - but only barely so.

Immediately, you were greeted by the chief doctor of the institution, who was a man that was slightly older than you. He wore the famous white overcoat over his professional attire, a stethoscope around his neck, and a specially crafted badge that sported his name as well as his title.

There was a sympathetic look on his face as he approached you, an expression that intensified when he saw how tired you were.

It was a little after seven in the morning now, and daylight had already broken - not that it made much of a difference to you, for you hadn't slept at all.

How could you have slept after everything that had recently happened?

Despite the fact that you were supposed to be 'divorced' from Michael, everyone operated as though you had never been separated from him at all. You were very much treated as the spouse that had access to all important information, the grieving spouse that needed to be comforted and protected.

But the only thing that could have quelled your sorrow was the one thing you could never truly have - your husband.

"Good morning, (Y/N), I'm Dr. Sanders," he introduced himself politely, still wearing that sympathetic smile on his face. "I'm very sorry about your husband,"

Perhaps people hadn't been naive enough to have believed that the pair of you were no longer married.

"Yes...thank you," was all you could choke out through your tearful state.

Dr. Sanders gave you a reassuring nod before he turned, gently urging you to follow him, for he would be the one to take you to your husband.

You obliged, following the doctor whilst the bodyguards followed behind you, staying close and keeping watch.