💗𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟴: 𝖥𝖺𝗍𝖾𝖽💗

𝗢𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗯𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝘀𝘁, 𝟭𝟵𝟳𝟵.

"Isla, I'm not sure we ought to be here!" you whispered loudly as you followed your best friend into the empty auditorium.

Not only was the auditorium empty, it was closed off to the public for that week, because the facility was going to be utilized for rehearsals by the one and only, Michael Jackson - after which there would be an official performance, the following week.

And even though you knew that, your mischievous best friend had managed to trick you into accompanying her on the adventure that you'd foolishly believed was related to your college studies - until you realized where she had taken you to.

The two of you were young, fresh-faced college students - but most times, Isla was getting into trouble instead of getting those honours.

And you were ashamed to admit that you'd been swayed by her more than once.

Despite the fact that the two of you were total opposites, you got along very well, eventually becoming best friends.

Isla had a reputation for being crazy, but she loved hard and she was an insanely loyal friend - something that made you appreciate her more than you ever imagined you would.

If you'd asked her to, she would lie for you - regardless of the consequences.

So when she had asked you to accompany her to a place that she swore wasn't going to get you into any kind of trouble, you agreed - even though a large part of you had suspected that it was going to be another dance with trouble.

Clearly, your suspicions were right, because she had lured you into the auditorium with her - in spite of the fact that outsiders were strictly prohibited.

It was a little after midnight, so there was a very low risk of someone else being around the area - but your anxiety was not permitting you to take any chances with your assumptions.

"Oh come on, (Y/N), live a little!" she waved you off, walking down one of the aisles with a huge grin. "Look at this place! Isn't it more picturesque in the evening?" she walked ahead, spinning around with her arms open wide.

You sighed, still a bit tense as you walked along as well. "Yes...it's beautiful," your eyes scanned the interior with a tentative stare. "But we shouldn't be here," you shifted your gaze back to her. "Isla, let's go, please,"

"We just got here, and I want to take all this in...because I definitely don't have the money to get tickets to his show here," she wiggled her eyebrows. "If I can't get the experience one way, I'll find another way,"

"Alright, if you want to see the show, I'll try and help you get the money to purchase a ticket for yourself, I'm on a scholarship," you groaned. "So can we please just leave before we get into trouble?!"

"No way!" she scoffed. "I'm not letting you take your allowance to buy me some stupid ticket. This, right here, is free," she gestured openly.

"Yep, I'm getting expelled," you huffed, roughly brushing some of your hair away from your face.

"Agh! Just imagine, he's going to be right there, on that stage!" she giggled loudly, running over to the short set of steps that led up to the large stage floor.

"Isla!" your eyes widened. "Stop! Someone will see you!"

In a theatrical fashion, she pranced about on the stage, possessing not a care in the world.