Chapter Six

About a week went by after opening the tomb

About a week went by after opening the tomb. Bonnie spent the first couple days taking care of Grams while she regained her strength, before things got back to their new normal, or as normal as Bonnie would let them. She went home to her Dad's house and refrained from leaving unless absolutely necessary for school. Her new way of life was going as well as you'd expect until the manager of the Mystic Grill called and told her she had an interview for the waitress job. Because she still wanted to buy herself a new cello, she went to the interview and, at the end, she was told she got the job. Now she only left the house for school and work. She knew Caroline and Elena were on a double date tonight, so when the doorbell rang, she was confused.

She opened the front door and was surprised to see Anna with a tentative smile on her face.

"How'd you know where I lived?" Bonnie asked. Then remembered everything she'd been contemplating the past couple days. "Right. You were using me and probably know more about me than you let on," she said without anger. She'd been over anger a while ago, and was now just purely disappointed.

"I deserved that."

"I didn't think you'd stay in town after you got your mum back."

"Mystic Falls was our home before my mum..." Anna trailed off, but Bonnie understood where she was going with that. "She wants it to be that again."

"And that requires you stopping by my house?"

"No, that was by choice." Anna said. "Can we talk?"

Bonnie sighed, hating herself for wanting to say yes. "Sure." She stepped outside and closed the front door. She sat down on one of the porch arm chairs, and Anna sat down in the other. She expected an explanation for why she was here, but Anna only talked about how her mum was adjusting to the twenty first century.

"And she's planning on opening up a little store in town. It's always been her dream."

"Anna." Bonnie said, her voice unintentionally coming out quiet. "Why are you here?"

She didn't respond for a moment. "Because I wanted to say I'm sorry, and to ask you to give me another chance, because...I like you and you didn't deserve what I did to you."

"How am I supposed to believe a single word you say when you've been lying to me since the moment we met?"

"I didn't lie about everything...I mean Kill Bill really is my favourite movie." Anna said, and Bonnie rolled her eyes. "And I have been to practically every state in America...and I do think you're beautiful." 

Bonnie shook her head. "You're vampire, you kill people, you killed Ben Mckitrick and Logan Fell, you tried to hurt Jeremy."

"I only changed Ben and Logan because I needed someone local who knew the town well enough to navigate." Anna said. "And you saw them, Ben wasn't opposed to what he was, he needed a purpose in his life, and Logan...was an ass."