Chapter Twelve

* Hairstyle for parade.

* Black jeans and black converses instead

The first thing Bonnie saw when she woke up was Anna

The first thing Bonnie saw when she woke up was Anna. She stood at the dresser where Bonnie's dress for the founder's parade was laid out. For most of the night, Bonnie had held Anna as she cried.

"You're in the parade." Anna said when she saw Bonnie was awake. Bonnie nodded and Anna touched her dress. "It'll look amazing on you."

Bonnie got out of bed and walked towards Anna. "No, Anna, if you went stay in all day, we will. Screw the parade."

Anna shook her head.

"Yes." Bonnie insisted. "We can stay here, order a pizza and we'll- we'll watch Kill Bill."

Anna breathed a soft laugh and pulled Bonnie into a gentle hug.

Bonnie sighed, she felt like she wasn't being helpful. What did one do after finding out their girlfriend's mum was murdered? "I don't know what to say."

Anna pulled away from their hug and cupped Bonnie's cheek. "You don't have to say anything, you've don't enough." She kissed her. "What would make me happy right now is if you put on that dress and go to the parade, so that I can wave at you from the crowd." Bonnie smiled, but worry still warmed her stomach.

"Before we do that, I need to tell you something about the Gilbert device." Bonnie said, and then she explained everything that happened yesterday.

Anna then helped her get dressed in the nineteenth century style outfit. After Anna promised she'd be in the crowd in time to see her, Bonnie left for the parade. She found Caroline in the town square, wearing a yellow getup of the nineteenth century style dress. Matt, in the same era style suit, was taking pictures of her. When she walked up, she and Caroline fawned over each others dresses before Bonnie offered to take a picture of the couple together. Tyler showed up in his Union soldier costume - they were reenacting the Batttle of Willow Creek, which the Union army won. He offered to take a picture of Bonnie and Caroline together. Still upset by their fight, Matt left the group. Caroline, being ever Caroline like, scolded Tyler, she told him he was going to have to do a whole lot better than a measly apology after what he had done. Tyler looked guilty as he took pictures of Caroline and Bonnie together, and then he left to find his float. Finally, to fuel the flames of the fire, Damon showed up.