『 Chapter 15: "Romantic" Flight 』

✵ ✵ ✵

Astrid screamed. The acceleration was tremendous. Every downbeat bucked the saddle, heaving them into the sky, doubling their speed like a rocket. Astrid was thrown backward. She screamed again and hugged Hiccup for dear life, squeezing the breath out of him.

"Toothless!" Hiccup yelled, you could hear from next to him as you gripped onto Rainsongs neck, "What is wrong with you? Bad dragon!" Hiccup chuckled nervously and turned slightly towards Astrid, "He's not usually like this." Toothless rolled and began plummeting towards the ocean below, "Oh, no."

You laughed as you and Rainsong dove and followed them. Astrid started screaming again as the dragon started diving under the water, "Toothless, what are you doing?! We need her to like us!"Toothless shot up towards the sky before spinning. Rainsong was copying Toothlesses motions, "And now the spinning. Thank you for nothing, you useless reptile. You laughed before feeling yourself get slightly dizzy. Rainsong stopped spinning before just flying along next to Toothless and the others. As they dove once more towards the water.

"Okay! I am sorry! I'm sorry! Just get me off of this thing!" Astrid said as she dug her face into Hiccup's back, holding on to him as if her life depended on it. You felt a tug on your heart, seeing the situation play out. Something felt wrong.

Suddenly, Toothless started gliding softly. They leveled off and head up into the clouds. You were floating slightly behind them as they flew. Astrid opened her eyes again and looked into the sunset before looking up and spotting the mist above her. She reached out and touched the clouds, her hands breaking through the mist. Her terror was replaced by wonder. The group of you rose above a blanket of clouds and leveled off under a starry sky. You all emerged from a blanket of clouds under the dancing Northern Lights, shimmering in ribbons across the vast sky. Below you, Berk's torches flickered in the inky darkness. The new perspective was breathtaking but not for you, you were a bit more focused on something else.

Your eyebrows furrowed as Astrid's grip on Hiccup tightened affectionately.

You let out a scoff before hearing Rainsong do the same. You and her shared a look before you slowly flew closer to the water, you noticed that the others hadn't figured out you were gone and the two of you turned in the other direction. You flew over the open water and let out a groan.

"What is going on with me Rain?" You asked, slumping over towards her, "Astrid is my best friend, why do I feel so angry towards her?" You stroked her neck, feeling the scales under your fingers, "My heart is in loops."

Rainsong let out a low growl turning her head towards you while still flying straight. She let out another one, her pupils dilating and then shrinking once more.

"No... I don't think I do." You shrugged, "I'm not jealous. I don't feel any type of way towards Hiccup." You said out loud, you were telling yourself that more than you were telling Rainsong. The dragon let out a sneeze, seemingly rolling her eyes, "Woah! Are you saying I do?" You crossed your arms, leaning back slightly, "I-" You stopped yourself, thinking about it in reality.

"Oh."

"Rain! Why didn't you tell me before!"

You looked down at the dragon, "If you had told me I liked him then things could have been different." Rainsong let out a growl before nudging you slightly with her nose, "I should have known!? Look who's talking!" You said before seeing a rock sticking up from the ocean in front of you, "Rain, watch where you're flying." The dragon quickly turned her head around and dodged the rock. Your eyes widened as you noticed the fog growing heavier and more rocks showing up.

"Where are we?" You asked, the dragon let out a huff, indicating that you needed to stay quiet before flying a little higher. You looked around, suddenly noticing the number of dragons that were flying around you. There were dozens, no- hundreds of them flying by, carrying fish. You ducked down, trying to be less visible.