20

"Luisaaaaa~," Adella said and tried to get out of Luisa's overwhelming embrace.

"Wut," Luisa muttered as she held Adella close to her and continued their walk to their hideaway.

"Y'know my legs are completely functional."

"But that snake almost chomped it off! I don't want you to-to get hurt! Or worse, die!" Luisa stuttered.

"Oh come on, it was a simple gardener snake, it can't do much harm baby-" Adella said and tried to get out of Luisa's grip.

"I'm not letting you go-"

Just as they were about to have another argument, Luisa heard a branch snap.

"What was that?" Adella asked as she immediately went from trying to get away from Luisa who was trying to fuse with her.

"I don't know..." Luisa muttered and held her stance.

The sound was coming from behind a bush and whatever it was, jumped out of its hiding spot, making Adella scream out.

"EEEEEK!" she screeched in Luisa's ear.

"Oh would you calm down, it's just a Jagor Cuando," Luisa said and placed Adella on the ground.

"A WHAT? A JAGUAR?! OH MY GOSH, ITS GONNA KILL US!" Adella cried and hid behind Luisa's shoulder.

Luisa sighed. "A baby jaguar, Adella. It won't hurt us if we don't hurt it."

"Look at its eyes, it's gonna pounce on us at any moment!" Adella said.

The baby jaguar tilted its head to the side, its emerald eyes looking at Adella and Luisa in confusion.

Luisa rolled her eyes and slowly kneeled to the lost-looking jaguar.

"Hello, little guy!" Luisa said in a soft voice, putting her hands out to let the little cub know that she didn't want to hurt it.

The cub hesitantly crawled up to Luisa, still a little suspicious. It slowly nudged its nose on her hand, flinching slightly before completely letting its guard down.

Luisa's heart immediately melted and rubbed the little jaguar softly, listening to it purr.

"Well aren't you a nice cub! Such a good jaguar!" Luisa cooed and patted the cub's head. "See Adella, there's nothing to be afraid of!" Luisa exclaimed.

Adella peeked her head over Luisa's shoulder, seeing the cub practically turn into jelly at Luisa's touch.

"I guess it doesn't seem....too harmful," Adella said and Luisa nodded.

"Give me your hand," Luisa hummed and held out her hand to Adella.

Adella raised a brow in confusion but held Luisa's hand, letting herself come from behind Luisa and she was now beside her.

"Move slowly to the jaguar...no sudden movements, you could spook it," Luisa said softly as her hand guided Adella's hand to the cub.

The cub hissed a little at Adella's hand but other than that, it didn't try to rip her hand off so that's a start.

Adella finally touched the cub, her eyes widened slightly because its fur was so soft.

"Oh wow..." Adella muttered as she continued to rub the jaguar.

"Hey there...please don't rip my hand off, I still need it," Adella said in all seriousness.

Luisa held back a laugh, Allowing a short snort to come out of her mouth
Before clearing her throat, disguising the laugh.