27

"Wait what?"

Luisa started crying again, and Adella could only frown.

"Earlier, when I lifted the piano for father, It was incredibly heavy! And it's usually the lightest thing ever! And just before you came in I was pulling some weights and they were heavy as hell!" Luisa examined.

Adella didn't know what to say. She was completely speechless.

That didn't calm Luisa down at all and Luisa started to panic again.

"Hey, Hey! Calm down!" Adella tried to say but Luisa nudged her away.

"What do you mean calm down?! I can't! If I don't have my gift..." Luisa took a shakey breath.

"I will be useless! Ill-Ill be like Mirabel!" Luisa shouts.

"Luisa, you still matter! Your not useless, with or without your gift!" Adella says and walks up to Luisa.

"But...my gift-"

"It's just a gift, Luisa. You still matter. You're no less important than everyone else." Adella cooes and holds Luisa's hands again.

Luisa sniffled and wiped a tear that was dripping down her face.

"T-Thank you...God, I'm such a crybaby." Luisa mutters and sighs.

"No, No you're not! You're expressing your feelings. That's good! It helps to build a strong relationship with you're partner." Adella said and got on her tippy toes and cupped the side of Luisa's face.

Luisa absentmindedly leaned into Adella's touch and closed her eyes as she felt Adella's thumb trace her jawbone.

"So don't ever think you have to hide your feelings from me, okay?"

Luisa opened her red eyes and nodded.

"Now, let's get some rest...we need it." Adella hums and guides both of them to the comfortable bed.

Adella slid into the bed and scooted over for Luisa to slide into the bed too. Luisa hesitantly got under the covers and stared at the ceiling for a moment before turning her body over to face Adella.

"Adella?"

"Hm?" Adella hummed as she stared at the ceiling.

"Urm..." Luisa nervously bit her lip. "Can we cuddle?"

Adella turned to Luisa with a small smile and opened her arms out for Luisa.

Luisa blushed and rested her head on Adella's chest while wrapping her arms around Adella's waist.

"You don't ever have to ask me to cuddle. If you wanna cuddle, just do it." Adella states as she rubbed Luisa's messy hair.

Luisa mumbled a small okay before slowly falling asleep, listening to Adella's slow heart.

《《《《♤》》》》

"Mmmm.." Adella groaned as she pulled the thick blanket off of her sweaty body and turned over on her side away from Luisa.

It was around 4 AM and the room suddenly got hot.

Luisa hissed as her arms pulled Adella back into the warm embrace. "Stop moving..."

"Luisa, it's hot in here!" Adella whined as she tried to pry Luisa's grip off of her.

"But you're so soft...and warm. And you smell...really good." Luisa hums as she buried her head in the crook of Adella's neck.